cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userdApl1gE7z3
Constellation

Samsung RF28HMEDBSR IceMaker Stops Making Ice

We bought this Samsung refirgerator in 2015, and we have had icemaker issues for the last 2 years.  The icemaker will just stop making ice.  Every month, I have to use a hair dryer to melt the ice in the icemaker compartment in order for the icemaker to work.  But, this last time, after heating up the icemaker compartment and removing the ice, the unit has just stopped making ice altogether.  I tried the reset button, also tried turning off the refrigerator for 10 minutes, and even tried turing off the icemaker from the outside panel.  Nothing is working.  Very frustrating to say the least.  Am telling all my friends on FB and other social media to stay away from this product.  I have noticed many other people having the same issues.  What is going on?  Why can't we get answers?

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung RF28HMEDBSR IceMaker Stops Making Ice

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

DCSTRATO
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung RF28HMEDBSR IceMaker Stops Making Ice

Samsung engineers seem a bit clueless as to why this is happening.  They have made many guesses but missed what I believe to be the root cause.   I had this problem for years and last August, I defrosted the unit one last time.  Then I turned down the water pressure on the valve on the wall to where it would just fill a glass of water very slowly on the door dispenser.   Not shoot out with high pressure like it was doing before.   The ice maker has not frozen up since and dispenser has worked as intended.   (Having ice is better than filling a glass of water quickly, even though you would have expected both with this product).   Worth trying before you start spending money on service calls to seal your ice room and add clips to try and prevent the defrost vent from damming up with ice.   None of which will solve the problem of water overflowing the filler funnel on the tray, splashing back up into the defrost vent, freezing and eventually preventing the unit from properly defrosting.   Good luck!  With this unit, you are going to need it.   And welcome to club "no ice".   

Cheers