cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUd3QZTIBTO
Asteroid

Samsung RF28K9070SR four door flex zone refrigerator shuts off completely every fifteen to twenty da

I have a new Samsung 28 CF Flex zone ( barely four months old) refirgerator that shuts off completely every fifteen to twenty days.  No door lights, no interior lights, nothing.  Circuit breakers are not activated when the refrigerator stops.  The fridge has dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker.  fridge startes running immediately when the circuit breaker is switched off and on again.  I tried to look in the forum for similar issues but have not found any for this model though some other models seem to have same / similar issues with different frequencies of shutting off.

Appreciate any suggestion / recommendation.

Please donot suggest me to pull the refrigerator out every time the fridge shuts off to check the temperature of the compressor as suggested by some discussion threads.  It's not physically possible for me to do so.

The fridge is still under Samsung warranty.

7 REPLIES 7
userUd3QZTIBTO
Asteroid

Re: Samsung RF28K9070SR four door flex zone refrigerator shuts off completely every fifteen to twent

Any response from the forum moderator/s appreciated.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung RF28K9070SR four door flex zone refrigerator shuts off completely every fifteen to twent

Does the outlet still work when the refrigerator shuts off? Are there any error codes? Please send us a private message if you would like to set up service: Link

userUd3QZTIBTO
Asteroid

Outlet is at the back of the refrigerator. Everytime this happens, it wont be possible for me to pull out the refrigerator and check if the outlet works.  

There are no error codes.  No door lights in front, no internal light, no power to the fridge.

Circuit breaker does not trip when this happens.

If I shut off the breaker and turn it on again, fridge starts running again and runs well for next fifteen to twenty days and shuts off.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We understand, honestly a service repair is the only other thing we can offer. Please feel free to send us a private message should you wish to get this set up. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userUd3QZTIBTO
Asteroid

Where do I send a private message?

I have been monitoring the fridge for last one week and it is running fine after the last auto shut off.  What I am afraid of is that it will shut off again at night and/or when we are away from home and all the food in the fridge will spoil.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can send us a private message by using the link below.

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userUd3QZTIBTO
Asteroid

@SamsungDarius wrote:

You can send us a private message by using the link below.

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Samsung technician came on Wednesday, September 18 and replaced the main board and inverter board. However today, Friday, September 20, at about 10:00 PM the fridge shut off again completely but this time ( the same issue happened for forth time in about three and half months) the circuit breaker tripped ( fist time the circuit braker tripped in the last four failures).