cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung RFG298HDBP/XAA Refrigerator with Rusting Door

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is why companies such as Samsung have no business in the appliance market Place, they put out a substandard product that are engineered  and manufactured  to fail Much sooner than they should.

For the exorbitant prices they charge this is just flat out unacceptable when you get responses were they are trying to cower behind a one year warranty and say sorry tough luck when in fact this is clearly a design flaw impacting many people and rust like that usually doesn’t show up within the first year meaning their answers are a complete copout. 

I have the same problem with my fridge and I know two other people that do as well the bottom line is they’re fairly expensive and poorly designed pieces of equipment they should go back to consumer-electronics where they were mediocre at best and stay out of the appliance field

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having this problem with my Samsung refrigerator French door 4 door. I paid almost 4 thousand dollars for this piece of junk. I had the door replaced about 2 years ago because of rust and now new door had more rust than the first for did. But don't expect Samsung to admit that there is a problem with their design of the door because you will be disappointed. I'm with everyone else about tyre class action law suit. How do we get that started. If anyone reads this and they are more than ready for this to take place please let me know. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am in the Uk And having the same problem of rusting door it is now being looked into by Samsung and an engineer booked in to visit.

I was on the phone and web chat with them yesterday for 2 hours before they agreed to the enineer visit just kept saying it is not covered under warrenty.

This was until i pointed out the miss selling issue "Stainless steel fridge" on all selling details Stainless steel does not rust. it is merly  made to look like stainless steel by a covering over poor quality steel that is rusting then causing the cover to bubble .

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same having issue with the top front door, rusting at the corner bottom part. Won't ever purchase another Samsung fridge or recommend anyone to do so. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see this still is and probably will always be just one of the MANY issues with Samsung appliances. Some companies should not attempt a crossover into other realms... In addition to having to look at the growing rust on the front every day, when the start of this pandemic craziness began, my refrig stopped cooling. Had to have the repairman out twice to finally get it repaired. Seems the fan stopped running due to ice buildup in the back of the refrigerator. Thank goodness I had purchased the extended warranty, which of course does NOT cover the rusting door! This company is disgusting and just another example of a big bully thinking they are better than the customers. After we get an all clear to continue our lives, my first ordre of business is to get this POS out of my house. It has been a nightmare since purchase in May, 2015 and I will NEVER purchase another Samsung product. They are so not worth the money and they clearly DO NOT stand behind the lemons they continue to sell. ONLY way to hurt them is to STOP buying from them. After all, they are NOT the only brand in town! Good luck to each of you dealing with these bullies. I am done!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi 

I am also in the UK (I cannot find an equivalent UK site) and was wondering if you got anywhere?

Ours is probaby a decade old, but you still wouldn't expect rust.

TBH, I dont even mind paying something towards a replacement door as ours is old, if they would be prepared to come out and fit it,

Thanks

P.S. Model = RSG5DUMH

P.P.S. This thread should definitely not be marked as resolved!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, there has not been nor will there ever be a solution. There is NO way I will purchase new doors. By the time that is done, I can purchase another brand new refrigerator that is of better quality and from a company who stands behind their products. Only thing this rusted door refrig might be good for is an extra in the garage to hold water and sodas. My warranty expired in May of this year and I will not renew. When something goes wrong, will purchase another and be done with Samsumg. Other than TVs and phones, they are totally worthless and hope people will heed all of our warnings! Hope you can get some resolution and wish you luck... I am done with these JOKERS!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RF427HABP/XAA

High dollar junk, I've had several problems with mine including the rust. The older $400. dollar WhrilPool in the basment has no issues, makes more ice faster and runs quieter! I think it's time for a classaction suit!!!

Samsung should add to the model numbers...