Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Range knobs keep breaking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To purchase any parts I recommend reaching out to our part distributor, J & J Parts, at 800-627-4368 or samsungparts.com

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, I think you misunderstood.  I feel that the knobs on my range are defective, since they all broke within such a short period of moderate use, and that they should be replaced by Samsung, free of charge. That is what reputable manufacturers do when they care about their customers. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased a Samsung range last year and I was pretty surprised when a knob recently broke just 6 months after purchase.  Fortunately we are still under warranty and customer service had no problem agreeing to send a replacement.  While I was speaking with customer service, I took off and inspected the remaining knobs and found that a total of 3 out of 5 were cracked and about to fall off the stove.   Samsung is sending me 3 replacements and While I do appreciate that- I think there is enough feedback here from customers to warrant Samsung considering this a manufacturer’s defect and changing to a knob made with far better materials to avoid continued customer dissatisfaction. Also, since this appears to be a significant and continued issue and not one of customer neglect or abuse, as a gesture of good faith and appreciation for existing customers, Samsung should consider sending replacements to customers who have reported broken knobs in the first few years of ownership. Those customers chose Samsung over many other brands available no doubt, like myself, with the  belief that Samsung makes quality products and a customer can expect that Samsung will reasonably stand behind their products if/when issues arise.   

I do want to add that other than the cracking knobs, we love our stove/oven and have enjoyed utilizing all of the very useful features that we had been looking for in our purchase as well as experimenting with features that were new to us.  It looks very nice, cleans easily and operates like a dream.   Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have had issues with all my Samsung kitchen appliances I bought in 2015. Stove knobs cracked and are falling off, microwave buttons work randomly, ice box in fridge has small air gap so the ice melts then freezes and builds up on top which locks the freezing mechanism so then I'm scraping it with a fork to clear it once ever two weeks. This has been going on since 2017, two years after I bought them! Theses products that Samsung are producing for kitchens are far from anything the lowered tier brands out there are making. I will never buy another appliance made by them again and will spread this to whomever will listen to me. Stick to phones Samsung because you haven't a clue on how to make a good kitchen product.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are spot on!  And the fact that Samsung doesn't even ackgnowledge these complaints and doesn't respond with something as basic as "We are sorry, we'll try improving our products" shows that they really don't care about the customer beyond the moment when the product was sold.  This tarnishes the brand reputation, and I know for sure that my next set of kitchen applicances will be from LG.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We had 2 knobs break so far and we have been trying for *9* months to get replacements...here is the sad story.

First contacted the online chat tool and they provided the part number and the samsungparts.com site (J&J).  We ordered a single knob at this point and when the replacement knob came it was the wrong color.  After about 15 calls, 0 returned calls from the manager I decided to go to the Best Buy store for help.  I showed the Appliance Manager the knob and he laughed - it is for the black stainless steel store not ours and even showed us one in the store.  The box had the right part number but the contents were wrong.  So I ordered two knobs (another broke) at the Best Buy store through their part vendor Compass.

I asked for a return since the part wrong part and J&J argued - too much time passed...  Then eventually they succumbed and gave me an RMA.  The part returned but no credit - then these rude people said they didn't receive it.  I provided proof of the RMA, the tracking info with their signature and threatened BBB and attorney general action.  I get a product credit...

Now it has been 3 months and the Compass vendor (Best Buy) can't get the part either.  I have a very expensive stove missing two knobs.  The $80 price for garbage is bad enough but I guess that I need them.  Are they possible to get?

Note:  I have 2 Samsung TVs, a refrigerator, stove and microwave.  When my dishwasher just died I learned a lesson - but someone else.  You are fine as long as nothing goes wrong with your Samsung product....

Highlighted
Astronaut

knoks broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i'd like to informe you, thats all my range oven model:  NX58H5600SS/AA knobs is broken. Please send me a phone number that can I call and ask you guys to send me a new knobs. Thanks. PS: Gas range oven (2018), Samsung Model: NX58H5600SS/AA. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Range broken in less then 2.5 years

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, the knob on my Samsung Oven broke after less than 2.5 years of purchasing it. The knobs are made out of steel, the inside is cheap plastic, and the knobs break off very easily. I didn't have this issue with Whirlpool which I used for 15 years prior to replacing it with this oven. I'm not happy with this purchase and when I spoke with customer service, they didn't give any useful guidance either. I would not purchase any other another items from Samsung as it looks like they're trying to make more money on parts.

Gas Convection Range - Stainless steel
Model:NX58M6630SS

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Range broken in less then 2.5 years

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here with the knobs. The cooktop is 2 years old and every one of the five knobs is cracking. One has broken and is no longer usable; the others are not far behind. Replacement parts are $100/each. I spent $1400 on a cooktop and 2 years later I need to spend $500 on replacement parts?? 

Customer service wouldn't do anything for me. $100/knob is a terrible rip off, Samsung. It's an embarrasment to your brand that you won't stand behind the product. Even worse that you're taking your customers to the cleaners on replacement parts. Your service is reason alone to never purchase another Samsung appliance. Let alone the shoddy craftsmanship of a part as simple as a knob.