cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Range Knobs Break

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to me as well, and the lack of response from Samsung is disheartening.  This is absolutely a safety hazard (if you can't turn off the gas), and if they don't start acknowledging this I'm going to be filing a suit with the CPSC and urge them to do a recall.  I have owned this for less than 2 years, and *all* five knobs are broken or cracked to one degree or another.  

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The best way to handle how Samsung is handling this issue, like all the others, everyone needs to go back to the stores website were you bought their appliances and rate them as 1 star, warn anyone that is thinking about buying them, what problems everyone is having as soon as the warranty expires, don't forget to also warn everyone about the lack of customer service,just like I did.

Lastely stop buying anything Samsung, they think they are too big to fail.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem, Samsung said they'd contact us by email to schedule a visit by a technician...never happened!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow!!!!!!!!! This knob issue has to be a quality control issue. I have or had owned almost all lines of samsung appliances. Although my models of purchase have been astetically pleasing the knobs are plastic not metal or even metal reenforced as should a quality appliance be. After market knobs do not fit and the cost of OEM is over the top. After looking over the reviews and noting all the issues on just knobs. Convince me what would be the reason to purchase another Samsung appliance when makers like KitchenAid (Whirlpool), LG , and even lower end GE products are not going to fail on such a simple issue. Come on you dropped the ball on this.

Please advise what further action is needed to get a set of knobs. Should i buy another appliance model from another manufacturer. I got to give you folks credit you make a mean TV period.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing:  Broken knobs.  I went to Lowes, and they said that it happens all the time with these things.    Ridiculous.   So I took all my knbs off, to look--  stress fractures in 3 of the five, plus the broken one = 4 of 5.    Pathetic, Samsung.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Knobs keep breaking one after the other. I will never buy another appliance from Samsung.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue from the beginning, I just discovered that the knobs only look like metal but they are PLASTIC with the attached metal washer on the back, so no wonder they break/crack fast. And to fix them you don't need the whole assemly that Samsung sells for $40 but the only plastic knob  (so it will break soon again...), this plastic piece should cost no more than a buck!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

4 of mine have broke as well. I'm looking for new ones. It's the plastic inside it thats breaking. I have a friend hers broke too. I think its more common then is thought. $40 for 5 knobs is going to be exspensive. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All of my knobs are broken and the range is about a year old. I think this is due to the heat from the oven. This is bads, the parts are expensive...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Jayasreereddy K: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung technical support. How may I assist you?

ron pfeiffer: we have a nx58h5600ss and like everybody else on th internet our knobs have begun breaking. i was at https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/General-Discussion/Samsung-Range-Knobs-Break/td-p/81846 and i see you are asking for private messages to respond. we are down two knobs in past 3 weeks.

Jayasreereddy K: Please give me a few minutes to review the information you have shared.

Jayasreereddy K: I see that the knobs of your Range are broken.

Jayasreereddy K: As of now there are no such reported issues, thank you for getting this to our notice.

Jayasreereddy K: It is quite unfortunate  that there are negative reviews on our products.

Jayasreereddy K: I will surely make a note of it.