cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFz6MZXToph
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Range Knobs Break

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My knobs also broke on this stove, right after warranty expired. This was not done by us. Manufacturer defect

Highlighted
userXZCJ4L6xKv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have placed a complaint with the consumer product saftey board (report 20180108-56EDB-2147393894). Two of my knobs are broken, unsafe to use, and samsung is unwilling to replace without cost. 

userPALqevtFZi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here...model NX58J5600S...not pleased!

userDLfrPN3CtL
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How many complaints does Samsung need to realize that they need to stop customer service from lying and playing ignorance to people about not knowing about this issue and fix it, I suggest people go back to the website from the retailers they bought the appliances from and change their ratings on the product or rate it for what it is, inferior quality and poor customer service.....

usernvPNEZUkmE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone know of a way to purchase aftermarket knobs that will work and does not cost $250? I have owned mine 18 months and 4 of 5 are broken we rotate one knob at this point. I would think a knock off company could make millions by giving a set of replacement knobs for $50-100. Has anyone had any luck? I don’t have time to contact Samsung and be told too bad. Thanks 

usersZ3oC8LenP
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cosmetic?  They are needed to start and regulate the flame.  I am not frustrated.  I am angry.  I have had to deal with Samsung customer service on every appliance in my kitchen (microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher and range).  And, not once, to date, has Samsung managed my account well.  I have had to replace every appliance (2 while under warranties and one outside).  And, now, I am looking at replacing another because Samsung cannot seem to part with a set of knobs.  Mind you, this would be the third set of knobs on this unit.  at $205 with each purchase, I am approaching the price that a replacement range could be purchased for.  The most galling part, is when your customer service representatives say "your satisfaction is our number one priority" but then tell me that they cannot do anything to remedy the situation because I am out of warranty.  There is ample evidence on the internet (which matters to me whether you acknowledge this or not) that the knobs on your ranges break easily because of pressure on the plastic stem.  This could easily be fixed by reinforcing this plastic with metal or by making it with metal in the first place.  It is a defect.  You know it.  I know it.  The people on the internet know it.  And, the other poster here knows it.

userDSBeoEgHbC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a stove from Samsung 1 year ago and I'm currently down to 3 working knobs and 2 of them are very weak. Samsung your plastic knobs are an issue. I suggest you fix the problem or lose business!

userjSUk7gbD4c
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Identical issue.  Bought gas range from Best Buy on 11/23/2016.  Five knobs all cracked now.  All are wobbly.  One cannot turn on gas at all.  Definitely a design problem with hundreds of complaints on internet. 

Model: NX58J7750SS

usermChCZLtN1v
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing now for me. I think my stove is about 5 years old. Maybe newer. The plastic part  around the metal insert breaks off, right? It's scary because my teens have accidently left the gas on because the knob didn't turn the stove off completely.

No luck with Samsung

userDLfrPN3CtL
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung thinks that they are so popular that people will continue to buy their nice looking but faulty appliances, I go out of my way to tell people about all the problems I have had with Samsung, how they keep lying about the fact that no one has complained about the Knobs, when there are so many people calling in with this issue, any time I go to a appliance store and I see someone looking at anything Samsung I go out of my way to tell them about my experience, I also recommend going back to the store were you bought your appliance and rate it a 1 star for the way they are handling it, 99% of the ratings are good because people are excited to get their new shiny appliance and don't realize that the problems come later and don't go back to re-rate it again, that is why you can't really go by the ratings, good luck everyone, I am ready to throw my stove out when the knobs break again and by American or European appliances again, at least the service is better and they take care of issues, not hope that it goes away....