Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userXnABpJTKeL
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Range Knobs Break

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have problems with the flimsy stem on the burner knobs. Love my range, but the price for replacing two knobs that have broken at the plastic stem is ridiculous. My model number is: Fx710BGS and it is slightly over 5 years old.

@SamsungGillwrote:

Sorry to hear that usersZ3oC8LenP. Regrettably, this would be considered cosmetic damage. While we appreciate your online research, internet postings are only a small percentage compared to reported claims. Any issues related to Samsung products would be readily available on our website. I sincerely apologize for the frustration. 

userSDRM1YtzUh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine all broke too. I never reported but most certainly will since Samsung is being so uncooperative. I recommend all of us who are experiencing this issue do the same

userbsYCMRS6zF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Me too. Again, less than two years old. In a house with no children where we don't even cook all that often. I am moving to an area that doesn't have natural gas and I was going to buy another Samsung range, but now I will probably go with LG. It isn't that LG are necessarily better, but they haven't blown off a problem that I have which they regard as 'cosmetic'. This is not a cosmetic issue. It is a safety issue, because you can't be certain these things turn off properly. One fix is to use crimp on hose clamps to fortify the cheap and crappy plastic that Samsung used for these knobs. $68 for a kit including many hose clamps and the crimp tool is expensive, but a lot less than the cost of a set of knobs.
userE4IdijJo7z
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its not cosmetic.  It is poor quality.  It is pititful that Samsung would make control knobs for a stove, considering the wear that is put on them as they are turned everytime a person uses a burner on the stove.  Samsung would rather cheat consumers than make a quality product that will last.  

useri0KTmZkuzy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased the 36" gas range last year and within 2 months, two knobs broke.  Within 6 months, all 5 knobs were broken.  There is a major design flaw in the knobs, but Samasung will not replace the knobs even with the unit under warranty.  Do not buy products from Samsung.  The customer support is bad, and they do not take responsibility or make things right when something is their fault.

JunkStoveKnobs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the small list with broken knobs. I'll buy a different stove before I shell out $300 for another set of knobs.

userrcEKDvlSnN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Like most people on this forum - I've got a Samsung NX58H5600SS with 5 broken knobs and a toddler in the house. I'm terrified to cook around here and unwilling to shell out $300 for new knobs that are clearly going to be just as faulty as our current knobs.

I've reached out to Samsung three times now - and three times been told that since the unit is out of warranty and there are no recalls on the product, they can't do anything except refer me to their parts distributor. This is clearly a design issue, and I'm really frustrated that Samsung is choosing to ignore a clear problem with an (expensive!) product.

userZjnKJGTk2p
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My knobs of my stove are breaking too it's just terrible because they are made of plastic that's why they break I also bought the fridge , microwave and hood it was expensive and they won't replace my knobs it's just bad service. 

userZjnKJGTk2p
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My knobs of my stove are breaking too it's just terrible because they are made of plastic that's why they break I also bought the fridge , microwave and hood it was expensive and they won't replace my knobs it's just bad service. 

userZjnKJGTk2p
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION