cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5WwVqHxJIS
Constellation

Re: Samsung Range Knobs Break

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine too. Had 3 of them crack within a year and after sending several emails with photos and phone calls I finally received replacements. Now two years later all knobs, including the replacements are cracked and I am out of warranty. Agree that this is a safety hazard and is in no way cosmetic. Samsung should be providing a retrofit or a newly designed knob to resolve the safety issue as a recall for all owners. I’ll be reporting to the Technical Safety and Standards Authority here. 

Model NX58H9950WS

Highlighted
Queens2Brooklyn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue with the knobs on my Samsung Range as well.   I still have 4 knobs left, but I'm afraid I will lose them all like everyone else on this forum. This is definitely not a "cosmetic" issue.  Who are the engineers that designed the knobs?  Where is the quality control?  I have several Samsung products and I am seriously considering to never buy their products because they don't stand by them.

Thank God that the knob broke off AFTER I turned off the burner.  Can you imagine what kind of issue I would have had if it broke after I lighted the burner on the stove?  I would have to kill the gas and then I can't turn the gas back on because I would have gas leaking through my stove.  SAMSUNG, you need to replace all the knobs that are engineered to withstand deforming from the heat coming from the stove.  This is a dangerous accident waiting to happen!  Why should customers be afraid or unable to use their stove because of a faulty or non-existing knob on their relatively new range.

userf5PhjsOvri
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is absolutely ridiculous that nothing can be done for us. My range is barely 2 years old & I have a toddler son that I am petrified of having go in the kitchen because of this issue. We seriously need to replace the knobs on our own dime?

userBIVoC2J7yW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I just had one break with the burner on. Thank you for bringing up the gas leak issue. My range is only 6 monthsold!

userMVI1k213YJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Only remedy other than paying 50 bucks a piece is to get glue called goop to put the broken piece back on the sleeve.  Fortunatly i saved the broken piece and put it in place and i glued and reinforced it around the sleeve .   All of my other knobs were cracked but not broken so I used goop around the sleeve for reinforcement so they don't break.   Hopefully this works and holds up.   Samsung should find a remedy and replace all of the broken plastic knobs that is happening accross the world.   

userTQsKBAvwXK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to me as well, and the lack of response from Samsung is disheartening.  This is absolutely a safety hazard (if you can't turn off the gas), and if they don't start acknowledging this I'm going to be filing a suit with the CPSC and urge them to do a recall.  I have owned this for less than 2 years, and *all* five knobs are broken or cracked to one degree or another.  

userDLfrPN3CtL
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The best way to handle how Samsung is handling this issue, like all the others, everyone needs to go back to the stores website were you bought their appliances and rate them as 1 star, warn anyone that is thinking about buying them, what problems everyone is having as soon as the warranty expires, don't forget to also warn everyone about the lack of customer service,just like I did.

Lastely stop buying anything Samsung, they think they are too big to fail.

usernSX4101siN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem, Samsung said they'd contact us by email to schedule a visit by a technician...never happened!

userpYPkP0TC5E
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow!!!!!!!!! This knob issue has to be a quality control issue. I have or had owned almost all lines of samsung appliances. Although my models of purchase have been astetically pleasing the knobs are plastic not metal or even metal reenforced as should a quality appliance be. After market knobs do not fit and the cost of OEM is over the top. After looking over the reviews and noting all the issues on just knobs. Convince me what would be the reason to purchase another Samsung appliance when makers like KitchenAid (Whirlpool), LG , and even lower end GE products are not going to fail on such a simple issue. Come on you dropped the ball on this.

Please advise what further action is needed to get a set of knobs. Should i buy another appliance model from another manufacturer. I got to give you folks credit you make a mean TV period.

userBHhjmwGamC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing:  Broken knobs.  I went to Lowes, and they said that it happens all the time with these things.    Ridiculous.   So I took all my knbs off, to look--  stress fractures in 3 of the five, plus the broken one = 4 of 5.    Pathetic, Samsung.