Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
176 Replies
userNVXmjJ7OyD
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had to replce one only a couple months after i got the range, now a year later two more are broke.

DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG appliances

0 Likes
user2RzDCiizoj
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have model number NX58J5600SG and several of the knobs have just fallen off the stove due to the cheap plastic insert breaking. I contacted customer support and was told I should purchase new knobs from the parts store for $79.32 each. This is absurd! They break due to a manufacturer defect, not abuse or wear. I would be interested in joining a class action lawsuit as well.

userGni6f9AYLX
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If there is class action, count me IN.

0 Likes
userrCQ2PQORoX
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Team,

FYI - Having the same problem as others have reported - the center female receiver (the plastic" part) has cracked badly on several of the knobs.  Stove/Oven is a NX58F5700WS, purchased ~4 years ago. 

Ordered OEM replacements on Amazon which aren't perfect, but are better than the broken parts which are a safety risk IMHO.

0 Likes
userGni6f9AYLX
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Just got home and found out that 4 of the 5 knobs on my range are broken! I'm an engineer, and I understand maybe making the knobs weaker than the range connections, but ONLY to the extent that the expected value of the replacement costs for the knobs are cheaper than the corresponding costs of fixing the range, and I don't buy that this is the case here.  Somehow, I've managed to go 43 years without ONCE breaking a knob, and this, the most expensive range I've ever bought, breaks 4 knobs after 3 years???

Samsung: make this right or say goodbye to me as a customer.  I know someone who just bought the same range, messaging them after this to see if they can return theirs.

usery7W4dmKtad
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung won't stand behind any defects even if there dangerous. They will tell you where you can pay to fix them . Never buy another Samsung product

0 Likes
AWJJR
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If someone does a class action lawsuit, I'm definitely in. We need to look and see how to get one started. To charge $90 for replacement knob DG64-00473B is ridiclous. All of mine were totally fine until the last month, when all 4 broke and the only thing broke is that cheap plastic part.

0 Likes
usern5xKgnBqsu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

It looks like people are selling fixes for this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293541466162

That over fits two different knobs.

This one is for the old style knobs:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143351364746

0 Likes
userNKTtHZQSCU
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

After just a few years of use all but 2 of the knobs on my Samsung range have broken. And the two left are hanging on for dear life.

I have read pages and pages of complaints about this issue without any real response from Samsung. Just adding my experience to the pile with the hope that Samsung will at some point realize that they want to help their customers out and stand by their products.

In the meantime, I am sending this thread and the others like it to Consumer Reports.

0 Likes
usercKBUVMBqyW
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Knobs are junk.  4 of 5 have already cracked/broken.   Used a small zip tie which seems to work well.  Figured since the knobs are plastic, I guess a plastic zip tie will suffice. 15921699896378152009751742815010.jpg

0 Likes