Samsung Range Knobs Break

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Range Knobs Break

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We can make no guarantees, but we would be happy to see what we can offer. Could you provide the full model code and serial number of the range in a private message here:  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

141 REPLIES 141
usersZ3oC8LenP
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My knobs began breaking one month after the warranty expired.  All five knobs broke and I bought replacements knobs which are $40.50 each for a total of $202.50 plus taxes, shipping and handling.  I find myself, 18 months later, down to one working knob.  I contacted customer service and explained that the internet is full of complaints that these knobs break too easily and that my own experience is that they break too easily.  I was told that my only option was to purchase the knobs again and that their is no history on their official site of these knobs being a problem.  However, I reported this problem myself the first time I had to replace these knobs.  I explained that I would not purchase another item, including these knobs, from Samsung or any of their dealers.  They seemed unconcerned.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear that usersZ3oC8LenP. Regrettably, this would be considered cosmetic damage. While we appreciate your online research, internet postings are only a small percentage compared to reported claims. Any issues related to Samsung products would be readily available on our website. I sincerely apologize for the frustration. 

userqos7ua3CtE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is not  cosmetic damage, in European and US made ranges, the knobs last as long as the ranges, believe me I learned my lesson in buying any appliances that are not made in us or Europe, I have the same problem with knobs and the convection fan, I am 18 DAYS past the warranty and they would not do anything for me, their customer service empathy is the same as a horse, correction worst than an horse, I have had my stove for 1 year and 18 days and they keep hiding behind the warranty, no matter who you speak to at their service number they give you the same story, that no one has complained about this problem online as I know that many people have. The knobs are made of steel on the outside and cheap plastic on the inside the heat and the weight of the knobs breaks off very easy, it is too bad because it is a nice looking stove and expensive but the service is terrible, I will throw the stove out before I give samsung any more of my money. Great job Samsung.

usersZ3oC8LenP
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree.  I will get rid of my range before I spend one more dime with Samsung.  I will also never purchase another phone (which is five out of the 6 of us carry in my family.  Right now, I have a terrible advertisement for Samsung in my very busy kitchen.  Everyone who sees my stove asks what happened to the knobs.  This is the point at which I get to tell them how horrible my experience has been with Samsung Appliances.  If I had knobs, this conversation would not come up time and time again.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry you're upset but the unit is out of warranty. Defect or not, broken or not, whatever the symptoms are - the warranty is what would cover the repair (or not). If the unit is within the limited warranty, then repairs/parts are covered. If the unit is not covered under a warranty then no parts are covered. I am very very sorry but on this my hands are tied. I will be sending you a private message though as I am forwarding this over to our management team in order to look into possible options. I am not making any guarantees but once I hear something I will message you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
userDLfrPN3CtL
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"I am sorry you feel that way"... " If I was you i would feel the same way"... " please private message me so we can discuss this matter", This is all you are getting from Samsung no customer service department, " I will throw my stove out before you see any of my money again until you fix your poor quality items you sold me" that is what I am saying.....

I own the S7 edge phone and I have a pink line vertically across my screen, My daughter has the S7 and the camera lens is shattered like someone shot it with a bb gun, my tv remote control stoped working after 6 months, my wife's note 7 had the problem with the batteries exploding, the only reason they recalled that is because of someone got injured it would be a huge liability or they would not do anything for anyone, my stove was 1 year and 18 days ( BROKEN KNOBS AND THE CONVECTION FAN STOPPED WORKING) when I called samsung customer service to see what they would do for me because any normal human being can tell that the appliances are being manufacture with low quality parts, they HIDE behind the fact that the warranty is expired and that the knobs are cosmetic, what a crock, so you tell me that if the steering wheel on a car breaks of, it is cosmetic, wow. The I am asked to private message and they don't reply back. The good thing is that the samsung 8 is out and guess  who is not upgrading, like I tell everyone I come in contact with, stay away from a headache don't buy anything samsung.....

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no, I am very sorry you have not received a reply to your message userDLfrPN3CtL. I have reached out to you directly to correct this. Again, very sorry for the delay. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userDLfrPN3CtL
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My email is <hidden>, please email me so I can give you my information, I am not sure about your private message, it is complicated and I am afraid I will be posting instead of private messaging. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, I have send you an email.