cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userW7J8Q79HSy
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Range Knobs Break

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung engineers you are incompetent. Injection moulded knobs are breaking like a lead pencil in a five year olds hand. At $50 a piece for a plastic knob you add insult to injury. For that money I can have them machined from aluminum. Doubt anyone cares but you lost me as a customer 

userkowza7Xjhh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung,

I have to say how disappointed I am with your responses.  I currently have 2 appliancces from you.  I also have had 2 TVs, a 58" Plasma Panel and a couple of your phones.

I have been a supporter, defender and recommender of your products.

How can you be so cold to so many purchasers and users of your products?  I spend $1500 on a range (fx710bgs) just to have the knobs (DG64-00472A) come off in 5 years??  A $50 cost just for 1 knob??

1 has broken it's center plastic where the knob is inserted into the stem.  The others have lost their metal insert.  REALLY?? Having to spend so crappy much money/knob just for the metal insert?

Ridiculous. For a big conglomerate as yourselves - to be so stingy? I wouldn't call that customer friendly.

Just as with cars: if there is a known problem that affects many users, just issue a recall and fix the problem.  This would be a much friendlier approach and more customer-centric, not profit-centric.

IMVMHO.

user2tw07J935P
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my knobs break all the time my range the finish came off the pan and my 3200.00 fridge is junk done with appliances from samsung

useraGBrlV3Kl7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought our range almost 2 years ago.  The first knob broke a few months after the warranty expired.  The next one a few months later.  All the knobs are cracked and ready to break with more use.  New ones are $40+ each, so no way I'm spending $200 to replace the knobs with the same exact junk that will break in a year.

Its pretty sad, but there are at least 3 different types of fixes for this issue on Youtube.  Everyone's a similar story, the knobs broke either during or shortly after the warranty period, and Samsung refused to replace them, claiming cosmetic damage is not covered.

This brings me to the other issue that I haven't seen described.  The knobs are covered with a heat-shrunk silver decal to match the stainless steel body of the range.  With time and heat, the decal is starting to bubble up and peel away from the edge.  4/5 of my knobs are affected this way. 

For a $2000 range, I expected better.  This is not a display range - it's meant to be used daily.   It otherwise is a good stove, with nice features, but to drop a ball on something this trivial and then refuse to admit fault is just awful. 

kt3508
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My decals came off in 1 week when I was cleaning my stove. Each letter were just glued on! What a joke! To me this is so minor compared to my broken knobs!
userHcfzP6b8On
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had a Samsung range for less than three years and I have already had 3 knobs break. They are very expensive to reorder. They are constructed of plastic that is colored to look like stainless steel. The small metal part which connects the knob to the post is embedded in cheap plastic outer shell which is what breaks.  For a very good quality oven the appliance detail parts are cheaply made, what a shame. It would be like a BMW with a plastic steering wheel. Samsung should stand behind every part of its products. When my Moen faucet broke, they sent me the replacement part for free, with apologies. I do not plan to purchase another large appliance from Samsung.

alloque
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too! Model NX58J7750SS/AA, all knbs but one are broken off but one. If anyone decides to do a class action lawsuit against them, please count me in! Never had this problem with a stove ever. It's an absolute disgrace and I will never buy a product from Samsung again. I'll be making sure I let others know about my problems with this company's attitude to broken and known to be faulty parts also.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userS7TEq4XBmW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What's going on? i just brought a 4 set of samsung appliances with 1 of them being the stove NX58H5600SS.
5 months in and the knobs are already broken!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide the model and serial number of the range via private message