JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Referigerator, ICE OFF Icon Unresponsive/ what do I do!

(Topic created: 09-18-2019 02:36 PM)
user7bSD3M4ud0
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The ICE OFF icon won't enable on my Samsung Refrigerator (Model: RF24FSEDBSR/AA
Serial: <Hidden>). The Temperature is set to -5, 34 and has been set at these temps for years. The ICE OFF icon came on without enabling the icon (did NOT push).

There's no problem with the water flow.

Have defrosted the ice maker with a hair dryer. Also, turned off the refrigerator for over an hour, then turned back on. The ICE OFF button (ICON) would still not disappear -- remained unresponsive, even after repeated attempts. Tried pushing for ten seconds. Also, made repeated very short, pulsed pushes.

Pushed the reset button on the ICE MAKER with no issue. The expected sound occurred and the ICE MAKER did reset. However, the ICE OFF Icon still would not turn off (did not disable).

Trying to avoid calling a Service Technician.

Any feedback or thoughts for solutions?

10 Replies
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hey there, just to confirm: when you say you turned off the refrigerator did you physically unplug the unit or trip the breaker to it?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user7bSD3M4ud0
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Did NOT unplug. Tripped the breaker. Left off for a long time (over an hour). Would there be a difference in unplugging vs. turning off by tripping the breaker?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Not at all, they both accomplish the same thing. If you have completed all of these steps, Samsung's next recommendation would be the repairs. You are welcome to seek a service manual on samsungparts.com or you can seek a local authorized technician using this link: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userVW8qGVYzXN
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This HELP blogg is about as user friendly as the ice maker itself.  Samsung does not come on here to point us to a solution. How helpful is that!!!!!!!!!! I really think it's CLASS ACTION Time! My ICE OFF icon stays on and NOTHING will help it. My ice maker that was iced up now is hostage to an OFF button that won't turn ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

userg2AGrdXJ4U
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Mine too!!

0 Likes
userrHvb2koiCd
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Ours too! 

0 Likes
userwZbdOJLS9j
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the exact same problem with my rf4287HARS refrigerator.  ICE OFF light won't go off, so matter what combination of cubed, crushed & Ice off buttons I press.  Did you ever get resolution, or did you have to call for service?  This would be my 9th service on this.

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can I have you send a previous ticket number via private message?

0 Likes
user19xc9K3UJF
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Model RF32fmqdbsr

This is the worst refigerator... and at a cost of $3000.  The icemaker has been an issue for 4 of the 4 1/2 yrs. we have had it. Recently, the top of the frig stopped working.  Walked through trouble shooting w/ 1-800-Samsung then received a ticket for Home Service Network (NJ) to come out.  Called several times, called Samsung back to ensure they had the correct #, then emailed.  Five days late we got an email saying they'd tried calling us 3 times with no luck.  No return email and no record of calls (I looked on my cell!!!) 
Had another company come and he confirmed that there's a  condenser issue so only the bottom is cold.  Said it would be over $1200 to fix, parts are an issue and only Samsung (who we couldn't get on the phone for an appt.) can fix it. $ years... that's over $700 a year. We definitely can't afford another Samsung...  

0 Likes