cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5G4oDz9ede
Constellation

Samsung Refrigerator - Flex Zone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are about to buy our first Samsung refrigerator. The model we chose has flex zone cooling. Does anyone know if the fridge mode for top and bottom can be maintained indefinitely?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Refrigerator - Flex Zone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You will be able to maintain the Flex compartment indefinitely.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You will be able to maintain the Flex compartment indefinitely.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
user5G4oDz9ede
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are welcome.

usersMUoK5LRIp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I strongly suggest not purchasing that refrigerator. 

userCa8ICr15Ig
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree, I would steer far clear of this or anySamsung 

userdZgvxdgTi4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too would recommend not buying this refrigerator.  I absolutely love the look and the fact you have these multiple zones, but....just after a year my ice maker started freezing up.  I called and was told I was out of warranty - 1 year on a $3000+ refrigerator!  But...they would give a one time accomodation.  They sent the repair order out and when I asked about defrosting with a hair dryer they refused to come out saying it "voided my warranty" if I used a hair dryer.  I didn't - I just asked because so many posts on line (and here on Samsung website) say to use a hairdryer to defrost the unit.  I actually have a steamer - which I have been told is ok to use (even though I find it hotter than any hairdryer!).   And that is where I am at now - with them insisting that I have now "voided" my warranty - even though no one would be trying to defrost an icemaker that was working to begin with!  My research shows there is a class action law suit in process regarding these icemakers and there are NUMEROUS complaints about them going back years, and Samsung has done nothing to fix the problem, instead continuing to ship out more defective units.

Also - when I did get a repair man out to check my fridge, he found an issue with the sealed refrigeration system - which Samsung did pay to replace - but again told me this was a "one time accomodation" even though my warrant says there is a 5 year warranty on this!  Really??  But in the process he had to virtually tear apart in trying to get the shelves out, especially on the bottom.  And I can't find an easy way to remove the glass for cleaning. 

Again - I LOVE the look and the Flex part of this refrigerator - I hate everything else.  I wish I had my 20 year old previous refrigerator back that still had a working ice maker.