cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwn3m3LWbi4
Constellation

Samsung Refrigerator Ice Maker

I have a RF263BEAESR/AA Samsung Frenchdoor Refrigerator that has been serviced several times for the ice maker. The first time, it stopped producing ice and dispensing water and was repaired. The second time, it was leaking puddles of under the deli pantry drawer and was fixed. The third time, the whole unit needed replacing because it had huge cracks in it.   At this time, the ice maker does not seem to seal completely in the front and we find a small puddle of water in the front of the refrigerator several times a day. I don’t think I can afford yet another repair job. Any ideas of what is going on this time? Looking at other posts on this site and all around internet postings, seems like the ice maker in general is an issue for Samsung fridges. Found a ton of issues posted, but no solid resolutions for my problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Refrigerator Ice Maker

Please send us a private message with any ticket numbers that you have so that we can look into this for you: Link

userYcibdn0hOs
Constellation

Following ,my refrigerator leaks from the ice maker too.

Following ,my refrigerator leaks from the ice maker too.

DCSTRATO
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung Refrigerator Ice Maker

Welcome to the Club!  It is not a happy camp for sure, but I have some hope recently.  Most are not technical and just rightly frustrated at such a poorly designed machine.  I spent years teaching Engineering and have mostly seen it as a challenge, although it came within a week of moving to the Garage after only a few months of use.  It does have seal issues, but that is not the root cause, nor is the frost over visible about the time it stops making ice.  The unit has a defrost capacity that works fine as long as the vent in the rear of the icemaker is not clogged.   But that Vent is troublesome.  A repair from Samsung places a new seal and some aluminum fins on the cooling coil that passes through that vent in hopes of preventing it from clogging with frost.  Nice fix to the wrong problem. Clear ice comes from a clear water source.  Frost Ice comes from the air as small droplets.  This initial ice is clear not frost. The frost comes later.  Suspecting that high water pressure might be splashing water back into that vent causing the initial blockage, I turned the water pressure down to the absolute minimum I could still use to fill a glass in front.  No issues now for over three weeks.  By far the longest stretch in the life of this Refrigerator's poorly designed Ice Maker.  My $20 40psi in-line water pressure regulator showed up this week, but I'll wait a few more weeks before claiming any victories with this major engineering embarrassment by Samsung.    

Cheers