cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Refrigerator, Model RB2055SL/XAA – Replacing Covers on Drawers – How?

I have a Samsung Refrigerator, Model RB2055SL/XAA.  How can I remove and replace the covers (fronts) for the crisper and freezer drawers?  Can you send me instructions?

My Google search shows tutorials for two-door model refrigerators. My model is a 2004 single door with freezer at the bottom.

See pictures below.  The top two pictures show the front and back of the crisper covers.  The bottom picture show the bottom edge of the crisper cover.  It snaps into place along the bottom edge.

Thanks,

Jerry

P5130001.JPGP5130002.JPGP5130003.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Refrigerator, Model RB2055SL/XAA – Replacing Covers on Drawers – How?

There is no way to replace just the covers because they should not be removed. You would have to replace the whole drawer. I recommend reaching out to our part distributor, J & J Parts, at 800-627-4368 or samsungparts.com to purchase a new drawer.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Refrigerator, Model RB2055SL/XAA – Replacing Covers on Drawers – How?

Hello –

I did contact Samsung and was told the complete drawer had to be replaced.  I also emailed J & J on the same issue and they did not respond back.

The best I can tell the complete vegetable drawer assembly is no longer available. However, it turns out I do have on hand new covers (fronts) for both the vegetable drawer and the freezer drawer. For fear of braking, I did not want to replace those fronts until I had input on the correct method to do so.

You do state, There is no way to replace just the covers because they should not be removed.”  You need to remember the covers do break on ordinary usage, but the drawer is still okay. And, why does Samsung offer both the cover and drawer as individual part replacements.

In addition, food particles get trapped between the cover and drawer where some customers may choose to remove the covers to clean.  And no, a solution of water, etc. does not always free the trapped particles.

There are numerous posts of people replacing covers, with similar design, on their type of refrigerator.  As for my model, with normal usage, I have lost track of the number of broken vinyl and plastic parts I have had to replace.  This model is very prone to part breakage.  Hence, my reason for having ordered extra parts for the next breakage. 

Now let’s be a little logical on this.

I offer these comments since this is a Samsung forum and maybe Samsung might take note.

When these drawers are manufactured, some person has to put on these covers.  Any good manufacturing engineer is capable of explaining those steps for a technical person to follow.  Granted, for the average consumer, they can be given on the condition of “do at your own risk.”

But, I find it strange that a “certified” Samsung technician, with the proper tools, is not trained to perform this task.  And, how do I know that?  I paid a certified Samsung technician $90.00 to tell me that when asked to replace a plastic shelf within its vinyl frame. So, instead of paying for a complete shelf assembly, I ordered the broken vinyl part of the shelf assembly and assembled both pieces myself. I still had to pay Samsung $90.00 for no work done.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

Jerry

5/16/20

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Of course, I realize that things will break over time I'm just informing you that Samsung does not sell just the covers. Yes, there are "other customers" who may have replaced just the cover but it could be a generic cover and most likely didn't come from Samsung. I appreciate your feedback. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello again –

I need to clarify my statement for original Samsung parts.  Yes, I read you that Samsung does not sell just the covers.  But, as you read on, you can understand the confusion.  All of the replacement parts purchased for my unit were from Sears.  In all cases, they were confirmed to me as being authorized Samsung parts and sold to me individually.  Please check yourself to confirm.

In fact, in one case I had difficulty obtaining a part from Sears due to it unavailability.  After contacting Samsung in Korea explaining my problem, they directed my issue to the Manager at Sears for Samsung products.  He, in turn, got in contact with his counterpart in Korea.  The contact in Korea was asked to check their warehouses for my part, which I thought was good on their part.  Unfortunately, the part could not be found.  Even then, no one at Samsung directed me to purchase the complete drawer or told me individual parts could not purchased.

So, in all cases, I was working with authorized agents for Samsung products. If Samsung authorizes their parts to be sold by other parties, then Samsung has the additional duty to instruct these other parties to add a disclosure stating that certain individual parts are not serviceable by Samsung and should be purchased as part of an assembly XXXXX (or something like that).

Additionally, the certified Samsung technician I was working with contacted Samsung US with my part breakage problems and everyone knew my source of parts and from where they were ordered.

You have no idea of the number of emails I sent to Samsung in Korea.  Copies are available.

Regards,

Jerry

5/16/20