cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMPEJI9qtLr
Constellation

Samsung Refrigerator Model RF30HBEDBSR Ice maker issues

Paid $2,980.26 in June of 2015 for this refrigerator.  Ice maker freezes up and have to defrost by hand.  Tried to contact Samsung and was told to contact their service provider.  Called the service provider and they told me to call back in 3 or 4 months to see if their latest fix had worked.  Called them back and they told me that there wasn't a fix for this ice maker.  We have had this problem for at least 2 years and it is very frustrating that I have to defrost an ice maker like it was made in the 50's or 60's.  I guess the only solution to our problem is to purchase another refrigerator and it won't be a Samsung!  Samsung has the poorest customer service that I have ever dealt with.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Refrigerator Model RF30HBEDBSR Ice maker issues

I apologize about your experience! I would like to look into this for you: could you send me a private message with the full model and serial number and or any transaction numbers from when you called in that you have?

user32SBvMXzOQ
Constellation

Re: Samsung Refrigerator Model RF30HBEDBSR Ice maker issues

Yes, we bought a warranty at Lowe’s so the repair man came out and said it was a very common issue and he ordered a part and then installed it in a few weeks, and now we have gone a few months without having to defrost it.  It is a design error he said.  Another repair man said you need to have a warranty on these as they are not a dependable brand.