cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userLJwRwMuJBn
Constellation

Samsung Refrigerator RF323TEDBSR fan makes noise when door closed

Hello, 

My Refridgerator RF323TEDBSR making fan noise when the door is closed. When we open the door the fan noise stop but start as soon as the door is closed. 

It is because the ice build up near by the fan. We had the fan broken because of this and we had to replace it cost us about $500. Now it is making noise again. We usually just power off the refridgerator for a day which helps melts the ice. But this is happening every other week and we are getting annoyed. 

Here is model and serial number. 

MODEL NUMBER: RF323TEDBSR/AASERIAL NUMBER: V35343BG200187W

Samsung -Is there any solution ? This is a bad impression for a Samsung fan like me who have phones, tablets, TV, Fridge from Samsung. 

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
userBguHhdtSGA
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Refrigerator RF323TEDBSR fan makes noise when door closed

I have a Samsung RS265TDBP and it also makes noise similar to the original poster.   I've figured out that ice builds up and the fan in rear that blows cold air into the fridge is hitting it.   To get rid of the noise, I remove all of the food and let the fridge defrost for a day.  This will usually "fix" the issue for a couple of months.  

Is there a way to force the refigerator to go through the defrost cycle?

Also, is there a heating element or sensor that may need to be replaced?

thanks in advance

userLJwRwMuJBn
Constellation

Re: Samsung Refrigerator RF323TEDBSR fan makes noise when door closed

Thanks for the reply. 

I actually do the same "temporarry fix", but the ice build up preety quickly for us, almost like in 2-3 weeks and we have to defrost frequently. This is not convenient as foods getting spoiled. 

Our refridgerator temperature is set to 42 only.  

I am not aware if there is any heating feature in RF323TEDBSR or not.