cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Refrigerator Recall/lawsuit/Insurance claim?

SamsungIceMaker.jpgIs there an update at all regarding Samsung's ice maker issues? I regret buying the whole kitchen due to having nothing but problems with this Ice Maker freezing up every four days. The finish on my hard wood floor due to it melting and freezing constantly is not going to be  a cheap fix. Guess I gave Samsung too much credit at the $2800 spent on an Ice box. Almost to the point that I am thinking of filing an insurance claim and letting them deal with Samsung due to there lack of support throughout the warranty and then after the warranty, without a fix from the start. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Refrigerator Recall/lawsuit/Insurance claim?

I am so mad at Samsung for failing to fix these issues that everyone is having.   I have to defrost the ice maker weekly now.  I called Samsung and they told me they could send a technician....at MY cost.  Even though there is a class action lawsuit out there and they know it is a problem.  My icemaker motor smells when it freezes and I imagine it is only a matter of time before it starts burning.  Samsung needs to take responsibility for their terrible product and fix the issue.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

I bought the Samsung RFG237AARS It’s been repaired once under warranty now the warranty has ran out. The freezing up in the back of the refrigerator is happening again.  The fan is making such a bad sound.  I’ve taken everything out of the fridge to defrost.  I cannot afford to have some come out to rip me off.  I was quoted $560.00.  I bought this refrigerator because I thought it was of great quality.  My old Whirlpool refrigerator in the garage works just fine at 20years strong.  I called Samsung they told us the replacement part would cost 200+ .  I need Samsung to own up to this piece of junk!  You made a lemon 🍋 give us back our 2100.00 so I can buy American.  I want in on the lawsuit.  I bought my refrigerator from Best Buy/ Pacific Sales.  Never again.  Now I’m forced to look at YouTube videos doing some DIY comedy- tilt the front- blow dryer - defrost for a couple of days.  Come on this is in CRAZY insane. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine was repaired multiple times and Samsung failed to replace my unit even when it was eligible for one (and failed to inform me of this - just found this out a year later). They're also trying to charge me for depreciation on the unit.  What a joke.