Original topic:

Samsung appliances not working

(Topic created: 02-16-2021 06:57 PM)
userpZQ1MjwRrS
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I will never buy another Samsung appliance ever again. Not only do they have terrible quality control, but the customer service is even worse. I replaced all my appliances in 2017 and I have problems with all of them. The worst, my refrigerator is a $5,000 refrigerator and it stopped making ice and freezer stopped working over a year and can’t be fixed due to seal system (rf34h9960s4). They sent multiple guys here and they all said the same thing each time, seal system. Finally Samsung agreed to replace my refrigerator and kept saying they sent BestBuy a code to replace my refrigerator. They never got anything. Getting in touch with someone in the right department at Samsung for replacement is close to impossible and requires hours on the phone. A year and a half later, they agreed to give me a refund, but now only for $700. Unbelievable. The refrigerator broke under warranty and they want to give me $700 to replace a $5000 refrigerator. 

As for the other appliances, the knob broke on my gas stove and they want $80 to replace it because it has LED lights in it. The top of my washing machine is completely rusting out around where you pour the bleach in. And the drier never dried the clothes when you put it on smart sense and usually have to run it multiple cycles just to get them dry. Again, Samsung support is terribly and I’m stuck with these garbage appliances. And these were their higher end products. Never again!!!

3 Replies
userGho8NNHLj9
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have had the same issues with my fridge, here is my story:

Samsung cannot fix my refrigerator after 3 visits in one month.

I remodeled my kitchen 4 years ago and purchased a complete kitchen of Samsung appliances to compliment it. I don't regret the kitchen remodel, but the top of the line Samsung appliances I purchased was a huge mistake.

My refrigerator Model #RF28K9070SR/AA became noisy and quit cooling over a month ago. I checked all the basics(as I am licensed to work on everything from small appliances to industrial refrigeration) and narrowed it down to at a minimum a bad compressor/sealed system failure. As my fridge is still under the 5 year sealed system warranty I called Samsung Service for repair - a month ago. It took two weeks to send a technician out who was here maybe 5 mins and said, yup sealed system failure we will order parts and set another appointment.

Enter the poorly trained technician a little over a week later. It was obvious from the start he did not know what he was doing, or really didn't care. Refrigerant was vented into my house multiple times, he did not check for compressor burn out contamination, nitrogen purge was not used when brazing, a proper vacuum was not pulled on the system, contaminates were introduced into the system, he ran the compressor with both gage valves open creating a cross flow of freon(a big no no as it puts high pressure liquid directly into the suction side of the compressor which caused compressor damage) ,and no attempt was made to find the leak in the system. As a result the new compressor he installed was damaged during and after the process. The compressor is noisy, bangs, clunks, and fails to start at times as indicated by the banging noises immediately after startup and then immediately shuts off. The freezer and the flex zone never cooled after the repair as well indicating likely a faulty braze on the step valve caused the the technician. We had the unplug the fridge 3 days after the repair as it was so noisy it would wake us up in the night.

Today, a month total after my fridge quick working, 2 technicians came out and looked at my fridge. They found the leak in the condenser, which would have been easy to find under nitrogen pressure with leak test spray. The technician stated they will order a condenser and set another appointment. When I asked about the damaged compressor the technician stated that Samsung's process would be to fix the leak first and that the system would not allow them to order another compressor even though the previous technician damaged it and it was extremely noisy and weak as a result. When I asked the technician about the step valve that was not operating, I received the same response...."we have to fix the leak first and see what happens, it is Samsung's policy".

So after they fix my leak in 1-2 more weeks, my fridge will still not be functioning. This is starting to look like a 2-3 month process to get a fridge fixed. I had offered in the beginning to take the fridge to the repair center to have repaired, which would have likely have been a better scenario, but that was declined by the Samsung service center NISI. At this point Samsung should just replace my fridge with a refurbished unit and save me 2 or more months of hassle.

userAkPBR5oU5B
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

i guess its a blessing that my samsung fridge couldnt get delivered. I guess i should cancel it before i have to deal with this.

usermZQr7VhV4U
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue,  i bought a new range and microwave,  the range can't heat enough to fry French fries or boil water , samsung sent a technician who checked the electricity and everything then told me the main board is not working and needs change,  he will come next week to change it and gave me an appointment,  next week he never showed up . Called samsung again,  they said he is waiting for the parts,  they made me a new appointment after a week , the technician shows up and starts doing tests the same way he did the first time , now he said the issue is that my outlet is showing 213v and the range dosen't work below 220v( the first time he told me the voltage is not the issue), and i need an electrician for that , i Called an electrician and he told me this is total nonsense , the range should work even with 213v , i checked samsung specifications for my range and it shows that the range works with electricity from 240/208v , that means I'm in that range , i asked for a refund or a replacement,  but samsung won't do both , worst experience with the costumer service of a company,  very disappointing. 

0 Likes