Original topic:

Samsung family hub 6.0 update missing

(Topic created: 07-11-2021 11:03 AM)
usereF0rEfLz7I
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Hi 
The past couple of weeks my fridge said it had an update to 6.0 available. I didn't install it because I wanted to see what the update was about first.
Now I went to finally update it and it is no longer available to update. When I go to the about section in settings. It shows 4.0 us current and software update is grayed out. How can I get the fridge to find the new update again? Tried to reboot and wifi on,off already and didn't work.
6 Replies
Smart Gal
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just purchased a new Family Hub refrigerator and it says it has Tizen 4.0 and the update button is greyed out like yours. 4.0 is a 2017 release...and their technical support department is telling me I'll just have to wait for the 6.0 update. I told him I just paid a lot of money for a brand new refrigerator in May that apparently came with old software...and he told me that sometimes happens and I'd have to talk to the software developers. Wow. Just...wow. 

usereF0rEfLz7I
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Mine had it available of 3 weeks and now it is grayed out. They must push the software and stop after a certain amount of time. Hope it comes around again. We may be better off for now with 4.0 because 6.0 removed alot of features I use daily.
0 Likes
userOjtDNpn4ih
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

same problem... I got a message a couple of days ago about the update with all the changes they were gonna make, I clicked accept but didn't get any update and the button is greyed out

Will resetting to factory settings solve this?

0 Likes
usereF0rEfLz7I
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Not sure
0 Likes
Smart Gal
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Just got the update! 6.0 is the software I thought I was getting when I bought the fridge, so I'm pretty happy with it so far.

0 Likes
user2W64Sl7gFp
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Honestly, count yourself lucky.  Look at some of the other posts about the upgrade.  If you like the fridge how it works now I wouldn't update because you'll probably be disappointed with all the things they changed/removed/broke.

0 Likes