cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung fridge icemaker not dumping ice automatically

I have a Samsung side-by-side refrigirator model #RS261MDWP. A while back , the ice tray cracked. I found a replacement. With some youtube video help, removed the old one and inserted new ice tray. All seemed to work good except after it makes ice, it never dumps it automatically.

I hold the reset button and it cycles through the current tray of ice and dumps it into the bin. It then proceeds to fill the tray with water again. All appears to work good as the water in the tray freezes. However, it still won't dump the ice automatically. I have to hit the reset button each time in order to get the ice cubes to get dumped (& then it fills water automatically)

After some research, it appears it might be the thermostat. I removed the ice maker again and tried to re-seat the thermostat (that rests against the tray). However, still no luck.

the thermostat was working fine until I had to replace the ice cube tray. Any other suggestions on what is going on here?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung fridge icemaker not dumping ice automatically

Hi, did you ever get this figured out? I'm having what sounds to be the exact same problem.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung fridge icemaker not dumping ice automatically

Still trying to figure this out. I was about to order a whole new unit, but then came across another possible solution. I may attempt to replace JUST the temperature sensor as I see it selling for about $15-20. It seems to be part #DA32-10104N. Will see what happens.