cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dude817
Astronaut

Samsung fridge model: RF265BEAESR

My fridge has stopped making ice, and I am wondering how to fix it. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung fridge model: RF265BEAESR

Is there any ice build up inside the unit? Have you tried resetting the ice maker? Is the unit properly leveled?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Cooling Off mode (also called Shop mode), is designed for use by retailers when they are displaying refrigerators on the shop floor.

In Cooling Off mode, the refrigerator’s fan motor and lights work normally, but the compressors do not run, and the refrigerator and freezer do not get cold. If Cooling Off is turned on, all cooling controls will turn to OFF on the Fridge Manager.
• To activate Cooling Off, tap Activate > Proceed from Cancel/Proceed.
• To deactivate Cooling Off, tap Deactivate > Proceed from Cancel/Proceed.

Dude817
Astronaut

Yes to all three.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If there is ice build up, have you tried defrosting the unit?

IG-BigPumpDad
Constellation

Could it be a bad filter? Could the water line possibly be obstructed/pinched or kinked? Most likely though, I would suspect it's something to do electronically with something similar to an actuator or switch that opens up the system to accept the water then shuts off when cube tray that holds water until it turns into ice.

Dude817
Astronaut

How do I defrost the unit? And will that defrost the entire fridge?

IG-BigPumpDad
Constellation

Simply unplug the unit. Never lay it on its side. I personally if there's not A LOT of ice build up, take towels place them on the freezer floor inside unit and towels on floor in front of unit.

IG-BigPumpDad
Constellation

If it's excessive build up, I use a dolly, strap it, and take outside to defrost. If you unplug it in the evening (in Colorado here) it's cold enough at night can easily put items in a cooler and leave outside in garage or whatever. By morning your freezer should definitely be defrosted. PRO TIP: MAKE SURE TO KEEP FREEZER AND/OR FRIDGE DOORS OPEN THE ENTIRE TIME. So it defrosts, obviously. Lol