Original topic:

Samsung gas range NX58T5601SB oven not igniting

(Topic created on: 4/1/21 3:36 PM)
userR5LxeUtRBr
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We bought and installed our new gas range about 6 weeks ago. Today I preheated the oven and set the timer for another dish I was working on. When the timer went off, I clicked to end the timer and it ended up shutting off the oven. I found this strange, since I hit the timer button, not the off button,  but I restarted the oven to 350 and pressed on. I put the dish in the oven, though it said it was only 255, figuring it would quickly heat back up. After half an hour I checked on my dish, which was ice cold, as was the oven, and the display still said 255. I turned off the oven and even unplugged it, hoping to get it to turn back on, but nothing is happening. The burners and broiler work fine, but the oven won't ignite. Is there a simple solution I'm not finding? 

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Was the range installed professionally? Have you checked the circuit breaker to see if it's tripped?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user5gx0371jUo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Seriously?  Have they checked the breaker?  That's your professional suggestion when they literally just said the stove top and broiler work just fine.  The problem is your appliance is faulty as I have to exact same issue only mine at least lasted 4 months rather than their 6 weeks. And getting help is like pulling teeth.  Two service calls to repair it, two cancellations, and here I still sit with a 4 month old oven that doesn't work and a company that doesn't seem.  You already got our money, so we are irrelevant now, is that it?

0 Likes
userR5LxeUtRBr
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Yes, it was a professional installation, and the circuit breaker has been checked.
0 Likes