Original topic:

Samsung oven glass shattered

(Topic created: 08-31-2021 09:32 AM)
lizgreen
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a new Samsung oven model # NE63A6511SG that was just delivered July 20th 2021. I have used the oven only a handful of times and have always been very careful and protective of it as it is my first ever brand new oven and I was so excited to get this oven with all the options it has. 

I had the oven about 35 days only when my husband was doing dishes and heard a strange noise in the kitchen. He followed the noise and realized the outer glass on the oven was shattering. He could actually see the cracks appearing on the glass. He called out to me and I came in to see it as well. After a few moments the oven door was completely shattered but the glass was still attached to the door. I called Samsung and they gave me a case number but since it was a Friday they couldn't do anything else. It is now Tuesday and I finally got ahold of the repair company they assigned my case to. 

The morning after it was shattering my son who is 2 years old accidentally touched the door while grabbing the towel on the oven door handle. His had went right through the shattered glass and the glass exploded everywhere. My son has several small cuts and scratches but was otherwise fine. Since then the oven door continues to drop tiny peices of glass constantly. Every time I walk in the kitchen I am sweeping up more. I am immune compromised with prolonged healing... my father who lives with me is in hospice care and also has prolonged healing... I also have my son who again is only 2 years old and my dog who walks through the kitchen. 

I have stepped on the glass several times at this point and despite me explaining this to Samsung they have made no effort to help rush the process to ensure the safety of my family. 

Even worse the repair company is not confident that Samsung will even repair the glass as they said it may be considered cosmetic!!!!!! I can't use the oven with out the glasss and I can't open the door or more glass will be spilled everywhere!!!!!! 

Please help! I saved for months to buy this oven and matching above range microwave set!!!! I also am a loyal Samsung customer... my fridge, washer, dryer, and even all of our phones are Samsung. I have always loved and trusted my Samsung devices but am terribly disappointed in this experience and their lack of concern for my families safety. 

Now on Thursday I hear back from Samsung and since it's the glass of the door it is considered physical damage and they do not cover this! So I have a non working oven and an injured child at this point and Samaungs representative basically said they don't care since it is physical damage. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am sorry for your experience, and I will be happy to look in to your case. Please send pictures of the damage, and the ticket number, to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am sorry for your experience, and I will be happy to look in to your case. Please send pictures of the damage, and the ticket number, to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userUlGZhyeakR
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I still have no resolution to this issue.
0 Likes