Original topic:

Samsung oven not heating

(Topic created on: 12/9/19 5:42 PM)
userYWG0wGItVr
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung Gas oven and range is only 18 months old. It was purchased new from The Home Depot in the fall of 2015, and installed in our home in the Spring of 2016. The oven has stopped working altogether. I called Samsung Home Appliances and they had their contracted repair person contact me. This took over a week. The repair person told me the repair will be, at a minimum, $300 (over a third of the original cost of the appliance). I asked him how he could know what the problem is when he hasn't even seen the oven yet. His response: we get this exact issue with this model oven ALL THE TIME. So, Samsung, you must know you have a problem with this oven. A durable good like an oven should last more than 18 months. Very disappointing and unfair to your customers.

376 Replies
userLmkT7ibO1e
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

No, there are no error codes displayed, it just sits at 175 degrees and never goes past that. 

We did cycle the power and that fixed it for a day and then the next day or was back to not going higher than 175. 

0 Likes
userLmkT7ibO1e
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Just PMed you.  

0 Likes
Samsung_nbCr0V4
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Sounds like you have a bad thermostat that causes it to prematurely shut off. Call the manufacturer

0 Likes
userLmkT7ibO1e
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

UPDATE: Samsug is sending out a repair person to take a look at the issue.  I'll update after the visit :)

0 Likes
userLmkT7ibO1e
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

UPDATE:  It was a bad ignitor.  Samsung sent someone to repair it and it worked!  Thanks SamsungBri for all your help!

0 Likes
userLmkT7ibO1e
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

UPDATE: The oven is once again not heating past 175. Very frustrated that only 6 months after the repair, the issue is back again. Can someone from Samsung help once again?

0 Likes
userZSRQd68Aox
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have the same issue with ours. How can we schedule a service call? No error codes on display.

Here's a pic of model & s/n.IMG_5081.jpg

0 Likes
userLmkT7ibO1e
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The moderator of the group reached out to me, took all our info and then the repair place got in contact with us. It ended up being a quick repair and it's been working like new ever since. We are so impressed with how the Samsung customer service handeled our issue. Good luck!

0 Likes
userWuSNEksnIi
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My oven is barely a year old and now won't heat up. We let is sit for 45 minutes and nothing happened. Really disappointed that this range cost so much and failed already. Anyone have any advice on this?

SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Have you seen any error messages?  Have you attempted to reset the unit?  Could you provide the full model of the oven?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.