cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung oven not heating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a problem with my oven, it doesn't heat and I'm since de 21 of June calling a lot of company's to make a meeting for someone to fix my oven. I've sent everything they asked me and I still don't get help. I will never buy anything else from this brand. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message? I'd like to help with this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seriously? Check to make sure the oven door is closed? Is that really the solution you are requesting to consumers?

Like everyone else, my gas ovendoesn't heat up - replaced igniter as was told this is the most common problem - EVEN though the oven is 15 months old. Still doesn't heat up to the temperature - takes almost 40 minutes to get to 300. I just shut it off and started searching the web. 

To my surprise, I found so many people in the same position. I cannot believe you actually told people to make sure the door was closed. As if...

Stepped out  of this site because I was so disgusted with the Samsung reasponses. I then found myself in a site from class action attorney that is requesting Samsung owners reach out to them with their concerns - guess what about? Temperatures not being met and/or not keeping the temperature. So Samsung, looks like it's not the customer but perhaps the company providing the oven.

My range is Model # Nx58H5600SS/AA

Would love to hear a real solution!!

Hey Samsung - what's the problem? You don't t want to private message me? Shame on you for not responding to me and all of the others of this page. I guess we will just have to watch and see what happens and how many ovens will fail and worse case scenario - cause a kitchen fire.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never will buy from Samsung again . My oven has still warranty.. unbelievable how they treat customer. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your oven is not heating give the following a try:

1. Make sure the door hasn't been left open.

The oven will shut off if the door is left open for too long. This is a safety precaution.

2. Confirm you're not in demo mode.

If you're in demo mode, the display will show tESt (or tE 5t). Some models show a d on the display. When in demo mode, the oven and cooktop will not heat (although a gas cooktop will still ignite).

Instructions to disable demo mode are available in the user manual. If your manual is missing the instructions, contact us with your model number.

test on display

3. Check the gas pressure (for gas ranges).

The oven will ignite and turn off multiple times while cooking to maintain temperature.

If the oven does not ignite at all, light one of the burners on the cooktop and try again. If the oven heats up when a burner is lit but not when the cooktop is off, the gas pressure is too high. If the range was recently installed, contact a professional installer, otherwise, contact the gas company.

If the oven does not heat up when the cooktop is on, service is recommended.

4. Turn off the circuit breaker for 30 seconds, then turn it back on.

Electric ovens require 240V and in a lot of homes will use two 120V circuits. In some cases, if the two circuits are not linked together correctly, one will trip and the other won't. This will cause an electric oven to still be able to turn on, but be unable to heat. (Gas ranges use only one 120V circuit and will not power on or spark the igniter if the circuit is tripped.)

Tripped circuits may not be immediately noticeable as they sometimes look like they are untripped, so cycle them off and back on again to be certain.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased Samsung a gas oven and range from Lowe's two years ago. Just this week my oven and broiler stopped working. We have an extended warranty so I called Lowe's and they sent out a repair person. He said both my oven and broiler igniters need to be replaced. What?!? I'm confused, how do both of the igniters go bad on a 2 year old appliance? So I called Samsung, they said had I not purchased the extended warranty we would be out of luck and responsible to replace the igniters on our own, for $600. How is 2 years considered "normal wear and tear!?!" Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm very disappointed in Samsung and their products. We also purchased their refrigerator at the same time and had to replace the ice maker just over a year in. I will never purchase Samsung again. They do not stand behind their products which is most likely because they are manufacturing garbage appliances. Buyer be ware!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same with me .. I never will buy products from Samsung .. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I purchased my stove in December 2017 and now I am having issues with the oven coming to and staying at the correct temperature. Model #nx58j5600s. My daughter has the same stove with the same issues. Thank you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes, just went thru this..my oven was brand new I only used the cook top maybe twice...they said the control panel needed replaced & it worked like a charm after...