JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung oven not heating

(Topic created: 09-02-2020 09:58 AM)
userYWG0wGItVr
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung Gas oven and range is only 18 months old. It was purchased new from The Home Depot in the fall of 2015, and installed in our home in the Spring of 2016. The oven has stopped working altogether. I called Samsung Home Appliances and they had their contracted repair person contact me. This took over a week. The repair person told me the repair will be, at a minimum, $300 (over a third of the original cost of the appliance). I asked him how he could know what the problem is when he hasn't even seen the oven yet. His response: we get this exact issue with this model oven ALL THE TIME. So, Samsung, you must know you have a problem with this oven. A durable good like an oven should last more than 18 months. Very disappointing and unfair to your customers.

386 Replies
userbNPefhFPHV
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@jwhill yes is a gas stove 

0 Likes
userSbJHXhOkoi
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My oven is having this same issue.  Tried preheating today and almost two hours later it was still only lukewarm!  I'm really upset I'm going to have to get it serviced.  We just dealt with our Samsung refrigerator ice maker line leaking and ruining our wood floors!  Has anyone gotten their oven fixed????

0 Likes
usero7vLOAEaug
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue.  Range purchased in 2016. Stove top and broiler work but oven will not heat.  Samsung is refusing to pay for repairs because it is out of warranty.  I also purchased a Samsung refridgerator that had the ice maker issue.    

Samsung Note 9 having issues charging.  I am seeing a trend in poor quality control and design.  

All other applicance and electronics I have purchased over the same time frame that are not made by Samsung are working as expected.

0 Likes
userI7jCmdImNu
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yesterday, as I was getting all set up to cook dinner, I set the temperature of the oven to 375 degrees. I prepped my food and, after about 20 minutes, realized the oven temperature had not risen at all. The display still read 175 degrees and when I opened the oven it was still cold and barren. We tried a few different troubleshoots to see if we could pin point the problem, the stove top still worked so its not the gas, we unplugged the oven to try to reset it. Nothing, still not heating. We then turned to the internet and found that many people have issues with their temperature sensors and have ended up replacing them. Anyone had this problem before? 

@Rydah 

userI548wdypEf
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same model and same issue. We bought in Dec 2018 and started using it Sept 2019. We noticed food was not cooking right a couple of months ago and now it is stuck at 175.

0 Likes
userKjiWMR3aSe
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userI548wdypEf wrote:

Same model and same issue. We bought in Dec 2018 and started using it Sept 2019. We noticed food was not cooking right a couple of months ago and now it is stuck at 175.

Having the same problem as the others here
.  Check out this law firm trying to establish a class action suit 

https://chimicles.com/samsung-oven-range-imprecise-temperature-control-class-action-investigation/

userNttRU8xTFj
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I would like to say these ranges are obviously junk. I had mine a short while when it stopped preheating. Bad igniter. Stopped again a few months later.  Igniter failure. Guess what! Failure #3!! Not happy with Samsung selling junk when they know this problem exists and charging for the warranty, on top of that. So fraudulent. 
Some days it works. Most days, it doesn't.  And, yes, when it does decide to work, I also smell gas!

And, why am I seeing someone else's name and tag besides my own  when I post this reply?

0 Likes
userNttRU8xTFj
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
userNttRU8xTFj
Constellation
Re: Samsung oven not heating

I would like to say these ranges are obviously junk. I had mine a short while when it stopped preheating. Bad igniter/sensor . Stopped again a few months later.  Same failure. Guess what! Failure #3!! Not happy with Samsung selling junk when they know this problem exists and charging for the warranty, on top of that. So fraudulent. 
Some days it works. Most days, it doesn't.  And, yes, when it does decide to work, I also smell gas!

And, why am I seeing someone else's name and tag besides my own  when I post this reply?

0 Likes
userKjiWMR3aSe
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

[edit]

@userI7jCmdImNu wrote:

Yesterday, as I was getting all set up to cook dinner, I set the temperature of the oven to 375 degrees. I prepped my food and, after about 20 minutes, realized the oven temperature had not risen at all. The display still read 175 degrees and when I opened the oven it was still cold and barren. We tried a few different troubleshoots to see if we could pin point the problem, the stove top still worked so its not the gas, we unplugged the oven to try to reset it. Nothing, still not heating. We then turned to the internet and found that many people have issues with their temperature sensors and have ended up replacing them. Anyone had this problem before? 

@Rydah 

0 Likes
userKjiWMR3aSe
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes exact same problem.  Repairman replaced thermostat. $300. Did not help.  Still have a disfunctional oven.  Sometimes can re-set breaker and it will work for a while but always goes back to same problem.

0 Likes