Original topic:

Samsung oven not heating

(Topic created on: 1/1/21 5:51 PM)
userYWG0wGItVr
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung Gas oven and range is only 18 months old. It was purchased new from The Home Depot in the fall of 2015, and installed in our home in the Spring of 2016. The oven has stopped working altogether. I called Samsung Home Appliances and they had their contracted repair person contact me. This took over a week. The repair person told me the repair will be, at a minimum, $300 (over a third of the original cost of the appliance). I asked him how he could know what the problem is when he hasn't even seen the oven yet. His response: we get this exact issue with this model oven ALL THE TIME. So, Samsung, you must know you have a problem with this oven. A durable good like an oven should last more than 18 months. Very disappointing and unfair to your customers.

386 Replies
userfs6pRZJCCP
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My experience was the same; some troubleshooting, then offer to have service call.  Service call would have been over $450.  I found the part on Amazon for around $25 and changed it out in about 15-20 minutes.  This was a substandard part at best to have such a consistent, early failure rate.  

My most recent purchase was an LG.  We'll see how that goes.  Samsung's lack of customer care has ensured I will not purchase nor suggest their products again.

userGtIJ2ykTnH
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same problem here. Replaced the lower igniter and the oven still doesn't work.  Stove is 1 1/2 years old. Really wish Samsung would give a fix for the problem or at least do a recall. Definitely hoping there is a class action for this. 

usernikYmm4ZAY
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi I am having the same problem with NX58F5700WS. Can a Samsung rep send the link to private message? Thanks. -Jason

0 Likes
userGtIJ2ykTnH
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Had the same issue. Turned out to be the gas safety valve. Surprising since most things I read said this part doesn't usually break. Anyways, Samsung was no help. Quote to fix it was $400. 
The part is $150-170 on Amazon, definitely more challenging to replace than the igniter. 

0 Likes
user6rK1avnpps
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I agree. I have had this stove for 3 years.  About a year ago or so the ignighter went out... now tonight... not heating again.  A stove of this cost should not need 2 major fixes within 3 years. I'm extremely frustrated.  I own so many Samsung appliances, but after this- nope.  It's ridiculous that they are not recalling this.  It seems to be too common of an issue to be a fluke.  There is clearly design flaw...

userKjiWMR3aSe
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Exact same model purchased in 2017-same issues.  Check out this law firm trying to start a class action suit: 

https://chimicles.com/samsung-oven-range-imprecise-temperature-control-class-action-investigation/

@userPZpWWWffYG wrote:

Very disappointed.

We have the  NX58H5600SS/AA range and have had it for less than 3 years.  We had done our research, and the range had good reviews and was recommended by Consumer Reports. 

This week the oven stopped working.  At first it was taking a very long time (over 45 minutes) to heat up.  We cleaned it in case that was the problem. It workd better for a few days. Then it just stopped working.

Samsung has NOT been helpful.  When I called they said there are no known problems with the oven.  I mentioned this forum and said there were pages of posts with the same issue and I wanted to know if Samsung had come up with a solution.

Again they repeated that they were no known problems or recalls, but they could arrange for someone to come out for service.  

0 Likes
userEegQWaRnnL
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same problem with our oven.  Tech said the gas valve was sticking.  Had the gas valve replaced and seven months later the new gas valve is sticking.  I saved the old gas valve and decided to take it apart to see if I could figure out why. The valve appears very simple.  A bimetallic strip wrapped with an insulated wire has a rubber stopper on the end.  I gather that when heated it bends and opens the valve.  Lifting the strip to open the valve I can feel it sticking to the orifice.  Ours is on propane, so the pressure is probably higher (smaller orifices on th burners).  I'm debating whether to try and fix it myself or replace it with a different brand.  They must know this is a problem...

userbQVKXnhnbv
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Similar to above, the burners operate but neither over nor broiler heat.  Model is NX58M5600SW, less that 3 years old.  Display suggests the oven is in "demo" mode (see photo) but user manual does not indicate the model has such a mode. Igniter? Motherboard?  Gas safety valve?  Samsung must know.Resized_20201202_122459.jpeg

0 Likes
usercFP6k3Z0cP
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This thread is useless.

I have a NX58H9500WS  that's 3 years old.  Last night there was a blinking dot next to the temperature that read 175.  It never heated up.  Looks like many here have had the same issue.  I would like to know the part to replace so that I can actually have a Christmas meal this year.

user683AgNuiyv
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue... Now on my third igniter failure. Going to try the OEM part this time but not holding out alot of hope. 

0 Likes