Original topic:

Samsung oven not heating

(Topic created on: 1/16/21 11:56 AM)
userYWG0wGItVr
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung Gas oven and range is only 18 months old. It was purchased new from The Home Depot in the fall of 2015, and installed in our home in the Spring of 2016. The oven has stopped working altogether. I called Samsung Home Appliances and they had their contracted repair person contact me. This took over a week. The repair person told me the repair will be, at a minimum, $300 (over a third of the original cost of the appliance). I asked him how he could know what the problem is when he hasn't even seen the oven yet. His response: we get this exact issue with this model oven ALL THE TIME. So, Samsung, you must know you have a problem with this oven. A durable good like an oven should last more than 18 months. Very disappointing and unfair to your customers.

371 Replies
user6ftGNZqaVi
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Solid dot appears immediately to the left of the oven temperature value.  The dot blinks about once per second. This happens when we tried to preheat the oven but it wouldn’t actually heat. The temperature displayed is stuck on 175 degeees F.

I see alot of this on the Samsung boards. Tried all the suggestions but nothing. I bought a Samsung suite about 2 years ago. All items have broken down at least once. Looks like range will need to be replaced. Will not be replacing with Samsung products. Junk.

userqgmRaLNb0m
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I purchased my Samsung gas range approx 4 years ago. After a year and a half the oven would not light; it was stuck at 150° and the bottom burner would not ignite. Fortunately I had bought an extended warranty and the ignitor was replaced. Tonight, on Christmas, it happened again. My first, cheap, off-brand range lasted me 20 years with no repair. This has been two repairs in four years for a range that cost me approx 1K.  I am very disappointed in the quality of this product, and I would not recommend Samsung products to others. 

usersHKCAEzI8W
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have a brand new Samsung oven and we are having the EXACT same problem.  We have tried everything.  Samsung can't help us for two weeks, as it has to due with fuel/ gas.  

userA1xiTHPVIn
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our Samsung Oven will not heat past 175. I have tried all the tips to see if it will reset, but none worked. This seems to be an issue with Samsung just after the appliance goes out of warranty.  Lot's of people have had this issue. What is Samsung doing about this issue? Did anyone get a resolution to this problem? 

user5XRjsW0WOp
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I purchased this Gas Range in October 2019 and the oven simply doesn't heat up to requested temperature on the display.  I have done the troubleshooting as indicated in the manual but it still doesn't work.  Also, it takes FOREVER for this oven to heat up!!!  I am so sorry I purchased this range!!!  Anybody have these probelms?  If yes, were you able to correct?  

userAwYq1ir4Vb
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, I am so upset. I ordered new Samsung kitchen appliances in November and waited two and a half months for them to be delivered which happened this Tuesday! I was so excited to start using it and then heartbroken when my oven will not heat. The stove works, but the oven does not get warm. A repairperson is coming on Wednesday, but I did not pay for a range that is now going to be "repaired" without me ever using it. Also, I now don't have an oven for a week and I bake all of the time. I feel like I should receive a new replacement range or a steep discount since I paid for new but received one that does not work. So discouraged.

St3v3C
Comet
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
use firewood. j/k sorry to hear it. when they come out, you could tell them you want a replacement rather than a repair. if they refuse, return for refund, then buy another. hard road to travel, but you ARE entitled to a NEW appliance that WORKS if that's what you paid for
userAwYq1ir4Vb
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks for the chuckle...I think this is the heart of my question. Do I need to resolve with Samsung that I would like a replacement before they come out to do the repair?

St3v3C
Comet
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
yes you should try that before repair guy comes out
Jesse_Lester
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My in laws purchased a new Samsung oven last year and they had an issue with the oven taking forever to heat and not hold temperature. They recently  remodeled their kitchen and purchased a new oven. The Samsung oven sat unused for a few months. We just recently adopted the old oven. Her mother explain to us what was going on and she had purchased some parts that may need to be replaced. I replaced the parts and the issue still exists. Any suggestions on what I should do with the oven. Included are pictures of the oven and replaced parts. Model I think is a NE595R0ABSRimage.jpgimage.jpgAside from buying a new one that actually works.

0 Likes