cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung oven not heating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung Gas oven and range is only 18 months old. It was purchased new from The Home Depot in the fall of 2015, and installed in our home in the Spring of 2016. The oven has stopped working altogether. I called Samsung Home Appliances and they had their contracted repair person contact me. This took over a week. The repair person told me the repair will be, at a minimum, $300 (over a third of the original cost of the appliance). I asked him how he could know what the problem is when he hasn't even seen the oven yet. His response: we get this exact issue with this model oven ALL THE TIME. So, Samsung, you must know you have a problem with this oven. A durable good like an oven should last more than 18 months. Very disappointing and unfair to your customers.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung oven not heating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your oven is not heating give the following a try:

1. Make sure the door hasn't been left open.

The oven will shut off if the door is left open for too long. This is a safety precaution.

2. Confirm you're not in demo mode.

If you're in demo mode, the display will show tESt (or tE 5t). Some models show a d on the display. When in demo mode, the oven and cooktop will not heat (although a gas cooktop will still ignite).

Instructions to disable demo mode are available in the user manual. If your manual is missing the instructions, contact us with your model number.

test on display

3. Check the gas pressure (for gas ranges).

The oven will ignite and turn off multiple times while cooking to maintain temperature.

If the oven does not ignite at all, light one of the burners on the cooktop and try again. If the oven heats up when a burner is lit but not when the cooktop is off, the gas pressure is too high. If the range was recently installed, contact a professional installer, otherwise, contact the gas company.

If the oven does not heat up when the cooktop is on, service is recommended.

4. Turn off the circuit breaker for 30 seconds, then turn it back on.

Electric ovens require 240V and in a lot of homes will use two 120V circuits. In some cases, if the two circuits are not linked together correctly, one will trip and the other won't. This will cause an electric oven to still be able to turn on, but be unable to heat. (Gas ranges use only one 120V circuit and will not power on or spark the igniter if the circuit is tripped.)

Tripped circuits may not be immediately noticeable as they sometimes look like they are untripped, so cycle them off and back on again to be certain.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/2ihPL97 

- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

350 REPLIES 350
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your oven is not heating give the following a try:

1. Make sure the door hasn't been left open.

The oven will shut off if the door is left open for too long. This is a safety precaution.

2. Confirm you're not in demo mode.

If you're in demo mode, the display will show tESt (or tE 5t). Some models show a d on the display. When in demo mode, the oven and cooktop will not heat (although a gas cooktop will still ignite).

Instructions to disable demo mode are available in the user manual. If your manual is missing the instructions, contact us with your model number.

test on display

3. Check the gas pressure (for gas ranges).

The oven will ignite and turn off multiple times while cooking to maintain temperature.

If the oven does not ignite at all, light one of the burners on the cooktop and try again. If the oven heats up when a burner is lit but not when the cooktop is off, the gas pressure is too high. If the range was recently installed, contact a professional installer, otherwise, contact the gas company.

If the oven does not heat up when the cooktop is on, service is recommended.

4. Turn off the circuit breaker for 30 seconds, then turn it back on.

Electric ovens require 240V and in a lot of homes will use two 120V circuits. In some cases, if the two circuits are not linked together correctly, one will trip and the other won't. This will cause an electric oven to still be able to turn on, but be unable to heat. (Gas ranges use only one 120V circuit and will not power on or spark the igniter if the circuit is tripped.)

Tripped circuits may not be immediately noticeable as they sometimes look like they are untripped, so cycle them off and back on again to be certain.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/2ihPL97 

- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung

I have the exact same issue.  I researched this oven and felt is was safe and dependable.  The oven should not just stop working!  The timing could not have been better.  I had a house full of guests all of who were surprised that a durable good would stop working after 19 months.  I would not have purchased this if I new I had to invest more into it to keep a basic function working.  Very disapointed.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userXlEOKDBejc: Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our Oven is doing the same. NX58H5600SS/AA. 

What part needs to be replaced? I am disapointed this hasn't lasted longer. 

PLease advise, 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also, there is a slight gas smell.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue along with a weird smell. Was this ever resolved and if so what did you have to do?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interesting...I have the same model and mine just started doing this as well. Range works perfectly, but oven will not heat up. Was it the igniter? If you wouldn't mind, what was the result of your situation with Samsung? Thanks!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've had trouble with every one of our four Samsung  appliances.  This time, I'm asking Samsung to just buy it back, like they did with our washer.

How in the world they can sell us this junk for such high prices ...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My oven (a nx58h5600ss) is doing the exact same thing!  What is the deal with these ovens breaking like this right after they fall out of warranty?

I called Samsung help, and they referred me to a service person.  They told me over the phone it could be upward of $450 . . . I paid $670 for the oven!!!  It would literally almost be better in the long run to buy a new one.

I researched this model, and it got good reviews (which now makes me suspicious of the reviews themselves).  An oven should not break after a year and a half!