JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung oven not heating

(Topic created: 04-03-2021 10:27 AM)
userYWG0wGItVr
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung Gas oven and range is only 18 months old. It was purchased new from The Home Depot in the fall of 2015, and installed in our home in the Spring of 2016. The oven has stopped working altogether. I called Samsung Home Appliances and they had their contracted repair person contact me. This took over a week. The repair person told me the repair will be, at a minimum, $300 (over a third of the original cost of the appliance). I asked him how he could know what the problem is when he hasn't even seen the oven yet. His response: we get this exact issue with this model oven ALL THE TIME. So, Samsung, you must know you have a problem with this oven. A durable good like an oven should last more than 18 months. Very disappointing and unfair to your customers.

386 Replies
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
yes you should try that before repair guy comes out
usero8nQ2ACydL
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Free Standing Gas Range Oven not working N58H5650W
gas for stove top and broiler work fine just the oven does not turn on.

0 Likes
usergdKA3W8U3u
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have two problems with my Samsung NX58H5650WS/AA range.  The left front burner control valve will not turn on.  The knob will push in but not turn at all.  I ordered a replacement valve but the knob shaft on the one that I received is too large to fit through the igniter and is too big for the control knob.  The other problem is the oven will not turn on in the bake mode.  I replaced the igniter but the gas doesn't come on when I put it in any of the bake modes.  The broiler works fine.  It appears from a large number of posts I've seen that this is a common problem with Samsung ovens but unfortunately I've not seen how anyone got their fixed.  I had what I thought was a very nice Samsung refrigerator which I bought new but it only lasted about 18 months before it completely died.  The refrigerator service technician told me that Samsun refrigerators are junk and now I'm beginning to believe that their ranges are also junk.

0 Likes
usersHKCAEzI8W
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just thought I'd add my problem to the long list of the exact same problem to this board.  Our brand new oven/ gas range will not heat.  The cooktop works fine.  Neither the top or bottom oven heating elements will ignite.  In this day and age (COVID) getting a timely fix seems all but impossible.  Now we have a family of four and no working oven.  Happy New Year!  We have gone through all of the suggested fixes on this board and nada.  Zip. Nothing.  We have tried things this board did not suggest.  Nope.  Very disappointed and we feel hung out to dry. 

0 Likes
usersHKCAEzI8W
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

For the copious amount of frustrated new owners of the Samsung gas range (whereas the oven won't ignite or heat beyond 175 degrees), I present A FIX!!!!  The installation directions are WRONG!  I'm not kidding.  If you install it per the paper instructions, you'll have this problem.  The picture is inverted and you should actually flip the gas inlet switch in the opposite direction of the Samsung directions.  The opposite direction fully opens the gas into the appliance.   

Evidently even if you have the gas switch in the same position as the Samsung installation directions, there's still enough gas to run the stove.  But not the oven.  My husband was troubleshooting this along with a technician and they figured it out.  

Dear Samsung, please fix your darn directions!!!!  You don't have as many buggy ovens as all your consumers think you do.  But putting out incorrect install directions on a gas oven is not only problematic, it's dangerous.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Tried using my BRAND NEW Samsung Oven (NX58*560***) I got from Best Buy and it will not heat past 150. Suggestions? 

SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Was it professionally installed? Have you tried turning off the breaker and then turning it back on?

0 Likes
usergv19xnAkTU
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a 3 year old gas range, model # NX58K9850S, that takes an extremely long time to reach the set temperature in the ovens. It’s off by 100-150 degrees or more when the oven believes it has reached the preheated level. The only way to get it up to a usable level is to set the temperature 100 degrees higher than I really need, then use an oven thermometer to make corrections every 5-10 minutes. It also intermittently makes an awful grinding noise. We have an extended warranty and the repairman sent by them said we needed a new fan for the convection and some sort of new temperature control panel but they have been unable to acquire the needed parts. Now they have given up and say we have to replace the oven, which is no longer available. Because the store where we purchased the oven and extended warranty will only give us store credit for the oven, we have to pay hundreds of dollars more for a similar, current model. It seems unreasonable that parts aren’t available for a recently purchased oven and that the only recourse is to buy a new one. To make matters worse, the store says it won’t even order a similar product (which will cost another $400) because it’s indefinitely back ordered.

How can I resolve this problem?

0 Likes
Jesse_Lester
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My in laws purchased a new Samsung oven last year and they had an issue with the oven taking forever to heat and not hold temperature. They recently  remodeled their kitchen and purchased a new oven. The Samsung oven sat unused for a few months. We just recently adopted the old oven. Her mother explain to us what was going on and she had purchased some parts that may need to be replaced. I replaced the parts and the issue still exists. Any suggestions on what I should do with the oven. Included are pictures of the oven and replaced parts. Model I think is a NE595R0ABSRimage.jpgimage.jpgAside from buying a new one that actually works.

0 Likes
userqIZIglWazw
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same model and also replaced those same parts. My oven sounds like a rusted wheel turning and still doesn't hold an accurate temperature. This is so disappointing. Samsung needs to recall and replace this oven model. 

0 Likes