cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3A1t14pY7R
Constellation

Re: Samsung oven not heating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung range at 5 months will not maintain the temperature set for more than a few minutes.  I have wasted time and electricity trying to troubleshoot.  I now have had to cancel Christmas dinner.  Best Buy is onb the way to look at it for a few minutes, but the only way to troubleshoot is to spend many hours testing it.  I want it out with a replacement with a different brand.

usercuJ6urwFk1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the exact same issue with my oven. Oven was purchased late 2016. The stove works, but not the oven. When I hit bake, it just says 150 degrees and the gas doesn’t turn on. Or sometimes the gas turns on, and I think it’s cooking, but it’s raw. When I hit bake again, the temp has dropped drastically. Does anyone know how to fix?? Please help. I purchased another oven in 2017 - same model. I hope that one doesn’t malfunction as well. I was going to purchase a third for my parents, but that won’t be happening now.

userRHSGQOZJC4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue with mine. Barely 2 years old and now the oven wont bake. Broiler works, gas cook top fine. 

Stays at 150 and no flame.

Can the moderator just let us know what the issue is? Obviously this isn't a new or unheard of problem, and hopefully there is a fix that we can accomplish ourselves.

I have the NX58H5600ss

I have tried resetting the power, I have checked the therometer (with a lighter) and it does register heating.

Highlighted
OvenProblemZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the SAME Issue, but do we ALL have to face the same non-solution (and only an offer to privately message an Avatar from Samsung)??

Broiler works, gas cook top fine. But OVEN doesn't work and stays at 150 and no flame.

I see one user posted a link to a $25 replacement part.  Should I buy this, hope it works, and attempt a dangerous part replacement myself and possibly burn both my arms? Hmmmm.... cannot find another solution that's been offered by the Samsung community after 2 hours of research.  Guess I'll ask the kids to step outside (for safety concerns) while I try solving on my own so we can eat dinner tonight.

rediranch
Constellation

Re: Samsung oven not heating NX58F550SS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This message is indented to assist others who are having the SAME problem, and looking for further help.

I have an NX58F550SS, about 5 years old.  

I can do my own work.

Problem started with a seemingly clogged bake burner, so I purchased FX710BGS,ALC and replaced it.  That solved the issue of when preheating the oven there was a strong gas smell in the house (so bake burner wasn't lighting, but the broil burner was lighting just fine).  The fix for this required a phillips screwdriver, and a drill with metal drill bit.  The screw holding in the burner (close to the door) would not budge, so I drilled it out (use a bit just smaller than the screws you have already removed).  Once the screw was drilled out I got another screw and drove it in (before mounting the burner), then unscrewed it and mounted the burner.  

The BAKE BURNER was very easy to replace.

Now the problem is that when preheating, it can't reach temps over 410, and it takes 2 hours to get to that temperature.  It doesn't seem to hold that temp either.  I don't know if this is due to a temp sender in the oven or the electronic control board.  

If I can get ideas of what to troubleshoot I will continue to replace parts.

However, if I cannot determine what to try to replace, then it's the whole range, and never again Samsung.

If I figure out what the fix is for my current issue, I will post it.

rediranch
Constellation

Re: Samsung oven not heating NX58F550SS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've solved the three problems I had with my Samsung gas oven range.

Problem 1 - smell of natural gas after setting the oven to preheat the oven for baking.  Filled the house, but never set off our gas alarm.   The broil feature did not cause same issue.

Solution 1 - Bake burner replacement - FX710BGS, AKA DG62-00066A, the tube you see after taking off the bottom 2 screw panel.  Easy to replace with a philips screwdriver, although I had to drill out the screw holding on the flat part of the burner tube.  If you have to do that, just get a slightly bigger sheet metal screw and drive it in, it does not have to be tight because this is not a moving part.  The most difficult part is being able to disconnect the ignitor wires without tearing out more of the bottom of the stove.  I have long fingers so I could reach down and disconnect by pinching it, and then hold the connection in the bottom and slide the connectors back together.  PLEASE READ ABOUT PROBLEM #3 BEFORE DOING THIS FIX.  I had to take this part off twice because problem #3.  The ignitor is attached to this part and must be swapped to the new one.  Easiest way is to disconnect the igniter wires first, then pull the burner tube and the ignitor out of the oven.  The ignitor has a small metal spacer attached with the two small bolts it is attached to the burner with - PAY attention to how this small part is attached.  I did not and I just put it on the only way I could figure it worked, because it fell off when I took the 2nd bolt out.

Problem 2 - the oven just would not hold the temp it showed.  I would place in an oven thermometer and when the oven said 350 it was around 275.

Solution 2 - temperature sensor DG32-00002B, the pen like thing sticking into the oven from the back.  It's held on by 2 screws inside the oven, and you have to take the rear cover off (again, easy, just screws) in order to disconnect and reconnect the wires.  Plugs back together only one way.  Unscrew inside the oven, disconnect from rear, pulls through the inside of the oven.  Installation the opposite.

Problem 3 - the oven would take more than an hour to get to 375, and couldn't get to 450.  I was puzzled by this issue the most because the ignitor worked, otherwise it wouldn't ignite, right?  Well, after reading through the posts I read someone had this problem and fixed it by replacing the ignitor, which was wearing out and not working as well as it should, so...

Solution 3 - ignitor DG94-00520A.  note that there seem to be a lot of 3rd party parts, and I DID use a 3rd party part and it's working fine.  This part is attached to the bake burner - problem #1 above - so if you have to replace the bake burner (or even if you don't, think about it), do these fixes together.  The ignitor has a small metal spacer attached with the two small bolts it is attached to the burner with - PAY attention to how this small part is attached.  I did not and I just put it on the only way I could figure it worked, because it fell off when I took the 2nd bolt out.  Once I finished this replacement, it took 13 minutes to pre-heat to 450!

Currently my issues are resolved.  Good luck.

DPWCT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same issue heating to 150 then smell gas - model NX58F5500SS
user7vejmDBFLT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've had no problems with our Samsung NX58H9500WS/AA unit yesterday, after a power failure the oven will not light. The burners and broiler light up fine, but the oven just shows itself "preheating" but never glows or fires up after more than fifteen minutes. No smell of gas. Any troubleshooting advice?

userJ8yLaoiHK7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. Range works, broiler works, oven does not. No smell of gas, pilot light does not go on when oven is turned on. 

userJ8yLaoiHK7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bump