cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjQeE573WkR
Constellation

Re: Samsung oven not heating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought our Samsung oven 58F9500SS/AA in Dec 2015 along with a Samsung Fridge (can you say class action law suit for the fridge???)  I owned a bakery at the time and so my husband did most of the cooking (if we didn't eat out) and as a result, I didn't know just how bad the oven was until I tried cooking for Thanksgiving and again for Christmas.  it was then I call for a warranty repair and was calling within the 1 year warranty but because the repair man couldn't get me scheduled until after the warranty date, I'd have to pay a service call fee.

Here's our problems (yes, plural):  1st of all, Best Buy had to bring a new oven out becuase the back right stove top eye didn't even work.  

The oven won't maintain a temp.  I have a thermometer in the oven and I've become accustom to re-preheating the oven to the correct temp.  It happens more often than not set at 350 degrees, and most often happens at higher than 400 degree cooking (450 degrees for homemade pizza) but always happens no matter the temp when using convection cooking.  I have attempted everything the Samsung rep over the phone suggested in trying to reset or adjust the temp per page 51 in my manual.

When you press bake and then the desired cooking temp, the oven will instantly beep and tell you your oven is pre-heated.  Sometimes it only take one more time to try this and it will indeed pre-heat.  Other times it could take 4 to 5 times pressing bake, selecting the desired temp and then pressing oven on to actually get it to start pre-heating. 

The front left stove top eye (which i was told by said samsung phone rep that it will reset also when I follow her steps to resetting the oven) (IT DIDN"T) cooks on a level of 6/7 almost all the time unless you set it to high/8 and then it cooks at a high temp like it's supposed to.  Meaning, I mostly only boil water for noodles on this eye but sometimes if I stand watch, I can make rice too.  IF it is a good day and it feels like lowering to a 2 or 1 then i can make rice, otherwise it just keeps boiling and boiling and never simmering so that the rice boils over.  I have to change eyes when that happens.  You can never START at a 2.  It will for sure cook at a 6/7.  Imagine frying bacon or cooking an omelet....it doesn't happen unless you like it burnt.

I haven't called for a service call after the initial try simply because I didn't feel like sinking more money into a brand new, should work like it's suppose to appliance.  I simply adjusted my way of cooking/baking (and shouldn't have to).  I have kids and I teach them all to cook, but there are things I am not comfortable letting them do on this stove.  It's ridiculous that something like this is so awful.  Between the fridge and my stove/oven, I will not be purchasing a Samsung product again.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very sorry to hear of this, if you were reaching out about the problem while still in warranty then even if the appointment couldn't be set until after the warranty expiration date it should still be covered. Mind reaching out to me here with the previous ticket number from Samsung so I can look into this for you?-->http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userQMTYilIyAC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it possible to reset this oven. I tried shutting the power off to the oven. That did not work.I read it could be a problem with the control board..This unit is only 2 years old..How can this go bad so quickly? This oven cost too much money to have this type of problem...I hope Samsung can provide some help on this...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userQMTYilIyAC, are you getting any error messages? Please provide the full model code of the unit. 

salriley
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my oven for less than 2 months and my oven is not heating either....  My first and last Samsung purchase!

userS4AW2yomoj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My oven is not working either. I have a chef collection oven and I’ve had it checked by an authorized Samsung technician. He couldn’t figure out how to fix it and apparently samsung tech support wasn’t much help to him either. I even sent a letter to the president of samsung usa and got an apalling response. Apparently there is nothing samsung can do about it because my appliance is almost 4 years old. So I’m stuck with an expensive yet unusable oven that nobody can fix. Awful experience. I really don’t know what to do next.

I’ll save everyone the tale of the rest of my apliances, but long story short, every single one of the chef collections appliances has had to be repaired or replaced within three years. Ridiculous.

useruzcBKI2lE2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same problem.  I have had numerous technicians come out to check the oven tempertures but didn't seem to think there was a problem.  I have had mine for two years and can't bake anything decent using convection bake or regular bake.  My first turkey using convection roast was still raw in the center after cooking it for the amount of time it should have been done.  The temperture obviously isn't maintaining the correct heat.  My cake the other day took a half hour longer than it should have.  It takes the oven forever to preheat having to use thermometers purchased because when it says it is preheated it never is hot enough.  It has taken as long as 40 minutes to preheat the large oven!

The customer service dept. are no help as they put you on hold and keep coming back thanking you for holding.  They get confused and say they have a ticket for your repair but didn't happen.  I am so frustrated with this Chef Collection range, I could scream.  We purchased all four kitchen appliances and the only ones I am satisfied with are the refrigerator and the microwave.  

I am to the point that I am going to scrap this piece of junk and purchase a better model and never buy another Samsung product!

useruOjkZgYeWy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased our Samsung gas range model# NX58H5600SS on August of last year.. litterally 1 year and 2 days and the oven no longer heats.. Just as everyone else has described.  The range and even the boiler work but that's it.  I've googled ways to fix it, called Lowe's but basically we are out of luck.  $700. and it worked a year.  Very disappointed.  Especially since we have Samsung: Microwave, refrigerator, washer, dryer, 3 large t.v.s  Pretty sure we will be moving on after several of their products seem to have defects.. Wish I had reserached more thoroughly before the purchase.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruOjkZgYeWy   We apologize for your experience. Please send the complete model and serial numbers to this link, and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userafypucSbey
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any luck with Samsung customer service?

Has anyone actually gotten this issue resolved?