Original topic:

Samsung oven not heating

(Topic created on: 6/4/17 7:46 AM)
userYWG0wGItVr
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung Gas oven and range is only 18 months old. It was purchased new from The Home Depot in the fall of 2015, and installed in our home in the Spring of 2016. The oven has stopped working altogether. I called Samsung Home Appliances and they had their contracted repair person contact me. This took over a week. The repair person told me the repair will be, at a minimum, $300 (over a third of the original cost of the appliance). I asked him how he could know what the problem is when he hasn't even seen the oven yet. His response: we get this exact issue with this model oven ALL THE TIME. So, Samsung, you must know you have a problem with this oven. A durable good like an oven should last more than 18 months. Very disappointing and unfair to your customers.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
377 Replies
userWuSNEksnIi
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@SamsungJam Should have put that info in the first message, applogies. We did not receive any error messages and we have reset the unit. The top burners work fine and ignitors resistance seems to be within range. Registering 1400 ohms. The full model number is NX58M6630S.(might be the letter O, not the number zero, hard to tell.) Thank you for any help

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If you have tried resetting the breaker for 10 minutes and the symptom persists, it will require service.

Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: 

userWuSNEksnIi
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks! I realized after I replied earlier it is actually in warranty.  Waiting for a repair guy to call.  

userDIlpvVxfNe
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

model #FE710DRS

samsung

cuts off at 150 degrees

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can I have your serial number via private message?

0 Likes
userb5vRovr61c
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Exact same problem.....just payed $410 to have a new igniter installed. Seems like this is chronic and the product should be recalled. Not a fan at the moment.

userWDShjpLVGB
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you for the information. I won't be buying any of Samsung's stoves anytime soon.

user8ywt3F26GX
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My stove is new and never been used. I reset the breaker and still no heat. I see this is a common problem. Can someone please give me some useful information. 

0 Likes
userRbAfC859II
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same here. I'm currently trying the "set to self clean and turn off after 5 minutes" approach. Funny how my Samsung oven and refrigerator both has issues just after their warranty's ended. @user8ywt3F26GX @SamsungUS 

0 Likes
usernNmUYEKzvC
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Someone posted earlier about running the self clean to heat it up to 500 and reset it. I tried this last night and it worked. This must be a known problem because Samsung is sending a replacement range. The one I have is only 6 mo old but they jumped at replacing it instead of repairing. Meanwhile, at least we can bake bread while waiting for the replacement

0 Likes