cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkmmvV28WRC
Constellation

Re: Samsung oven not heating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the exact same problem.  My Samsung oven stopped heating after about 14 months.

After performing troubleshooting steps, I narrowed the problem down to the oven ignitor.  The replacement part can be bought for $25: https://www.amazon.com/d/Large-Appliance-Parts-Accessories/Maytag-12400035-Oven-Ignitor/B001UGO8F6

The following awesome video shows how to change it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ucwq1rCHws

useru8c7GDDgLg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The customer service is a complete joke and waste of time.  I got a request to unplug it and plug it back in as if it were a phone or computer.  Then when I sent an email to the team asking for help, including that there were multiple pages in the forum that referenced this exact problem.  This was their response was that they checked their resources and saw that there were no reported issues with this model in their database. Then offered  that the Gas pressure was probably to high, and if that wasn't it get it, they could offer service as an option.  A complete joke and waste of time...

I was 3 months out of warranty.  This is LAST TIME I WILL PURCHASE ANY TYPE OF SAMSUNG PRODUCT including but not limited to; Appliances, Phones, Televisions (4 previous, and used to be the only brand i would buy) or anything else.

A stove that lasts for 3 years and 3 months for over $1000 is not acceptable.  I understand that the only way this next part will come off as is angry but I have spent much of my hard earned dollars with them and in a previous job used to sell Samsung products.  You have lost not only a customer, but a strong Promoter.  I will make sure to tell all of my friends and co-workers about the "quality products" that Samsung puts out and also "Supports."

Also on a lighter note, the post right above mine is correct- Purchase the NON- Samsung part the maytag replacement part for  about $25 and install it yourself in 10-15 minutes.  If you can figure out how to uplug your stove (see above) and turn the gas nozle off, and can use a screwdriver, you can probably do this.  

Thank you so very much for all of your "Support" Samsung.

Your new  biggest Detractor!  

user842GIXu1rC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there userkmmvV28WRC,

You are awesome. This fixed the 150 degree flashes of doom on my range. Thank you for posting this fix.

usernzpMIrYCbQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem. The oven stopped working, display is showing 150 degrees. Top burners are fine, so most likely it is an igniter problem.  The owen is about two years old, model NX58H5650WS/AA. Knobs cracking from heat even if not used (another very common problem for Samsung ranges) was mostly a nuisance, but this is too much. Last Samsung appliance I bought.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message? I would like to further assist you.

userDOHjkeb58K
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Frustrated, tomorrow is my sons birthday was going to bake him a cake, but now I have to go to Costco to buy one because my oven won’t fire up. I haven’t had my stove/oven that long. I was just about to buy a Samsung washer and dryer but I think I need to do research on other brands now.  It Cool Samsung. Do the right thing 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

user39xaIZMKLe
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same issue!  So frustrating when we paid a premium for this oven.  We have the Duo and the upper oven will heat, but unevenly if the divider is in.  The lower oven, or when the divider is out, won't heat at all.  

userlOmsLdhq7v
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a samsung gas range, just over a year old. Purchased it at Lowe’s Dec. 2017 , installed in January 2018. Single person household except for occasions of entertaining.... very little use... will not ignite...  I’ve been reading the threads, this appears to be a common problem. Samsung obviously should replace the igniter... has anyone received resolution on this problem?

according to the thread, the fix is almost as much as the range after labor.... 

its a model: Nx58H5600ss/AA

SN/ <Hidden>

any help would be appreciated, what a disappointment

userlTXok9jXaY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue - had service out to repair, $450 for a $15 part, and they put the door on wrong.