cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung oven not heating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link a shot: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01204529/#oven-does-not-heat

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I jumped on this discussion board after getting absolutely no where with Samsung phone customer service only to find TWENTY PAGES Of people with the same issue! If that's not blaring evidence of faulty parts/manufacturer defect I don't know what is. I've had my oven less than three years- used it last night to bake a galette and went to heat up breakfast this morning but nothing happened. No heat and no info on how to fix it when I called Samsung. I can't even describe how disappointed I am. Prior to getting this range we had a THIRTY YEAR OLD range that was still functioning with  the only issue being temperature control and now this one does after less than three years?? Wishing I had kept the 30 year old range... which is really saying something. Samsung - y'all have GOT to do something about this clearly widespread issue - it's not a one off problem. I'm now here (during a pandemic with a "shelter in place" mandate) without a functioning oven and zero resolution. @SamsungLarry 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After reading 20 pages of what sound exactly what we are experiencing, I thought I would chime in just to express my concerns. I have an FX710BGS that we have suspected for a few months, did not fully reach the desired temperature. The oven took a long time to heat up and food took longer than normal to cook, thank goodness I use a thermometer when cooking meat.

However, today, the gas oven will not heat all. I see the glow of, what I am assuming is, the ignitor, but no heat is building. After about 15 minutes there is a smell of gas in the house and an error code E08 comes up on the screen. This is a little dissappointing as I do like Samsung products and own several from our refridgerator, to washing machines, oven, and even phones. 

If this a true widespread issue, I would hope that Samsung would make it right.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear of your concerns! The error code you are seeing is showing that the oven is not reaching the proper temperature in a specific amount of time. The model code provided appears to be a Canadian model. What the unit purchased in Canada?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, it was purchased in Pratville, Al 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're on our SECOND issue with our Samsung oven.  Model # NX58H5600SS.  We bought it on 2/28/2017.  3 months ago the oven would not work.  We had to pay $200 for a new igniter to be installed.  Now we're having issues with the gas valve.  The oven will start, but the gas constantly turns off for no reason.  It will cost $375 to fix.  Our repair guy said, that the biggest issue we've got is the name brand on our appliance.  He said he's seen this dozens of times.  We did our research online and thought we were getting a quality product.  Stove price was $700 3 years ago.  To fix these two issues, we could have bought a completely different stove.  SAMSUNG, you need to make this right.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So that I may look into this can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung will not cover the cost of repair for our stove, saying that it isn't in warranty.  Over 200 people in this thread have complained about an issue.  I guess they don't want to stand by their products. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did your repair guy say what the new problem is?  We are having a problem with our Samsung Range as well. Like yours, our oven comes on, but then the flames go off, then on, then off, etc.  Model # NX58H5650WS.  Other functions seem to be fine. The cooktop works and the broil function in the oven seems to be working correctly, but bake and any  other function using the bottom burner has the intermittent flame.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ours came new with the house we bought in october 2018, this seems like a long standing issue with this model . Ooof. what junk, to last only a couple years. 
We have the same problem. The part to fix it is apparently $150 (in Alaska) That's like a third of the cost of a new range on sale...