cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhFG7Z5YwoG
Constellation

Re: Samsung oven not heating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bout my gas range 10/21/2017, it started to take an hour just to get to 350 and stuck at 386 when I needed 425. this happened on 10/21/2018. One year exactly, to the day? I have tried it a few more times this week and have had the same results. Very slow to heat up and never gets to temp. Thanksgiving is around the corner, I need my oven! I need help! I did buy the warranty from JCP, so I hope they can help, but seeing that it has been one year, well less since the range didn't deliver until the 30th.

Can this be fixed?

userH02J8shq3V
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve the oven issue myself , mIne is a little bit different , it hasn’t been 7 months since I bought it. Now it won’t turn on , bake thing has no heat or pilot fire.

camcdonald1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have model Samsung NX58H9500WS/AA slide in gas oven, new appliance and all of the sudden out of nowhere the oven stopped working. The range burgers operate correctly but the oven never gets past 175 degrees. I am getting full AC village and gas supply but the oven is now completely useless and two weeks before Thanksgiving. I spent over $2,000 on this oven and expected it to last longer than this... Samsung, what is your solution to fix this?!?! S/N ending oi ...05316H

userzum1GQFdC3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a Samsung Chef series oven that was installed Winter of 2015. The last month or so our top section has stopped heating entirely. Model NE58H9970WS/AA Previous to this I've had ovens for years and years without one issue. It's very unusual to me that a $1000+ oven would already fail within 3 years.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userjuvyDwFya2 I am sorry to hear this. We would be happy to look into this further. Can you please drop a private message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the full serial number of the range? 

userzGC5kGBxOK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is so true.  Sorry about that  I replaced my my whirlpool range of 21 years for SAMSUNG range. Oven problems after 2 years. Fan also freezes and stop working on my SAMSUNG refrigerator. Appliances usually last for years and years. I can’t afford to keep paying repairs. It’ll be cheaper to Change brands. No more SAMSUNG  for me

userfHBbjSQBNZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having same problem where the oven does not heat up at all but top burners work fine. So frustrating since thanksgiving is in couple days😩

NeedMyOven
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since nobody else is posting their findings, I thought I would share what I found on mine. 

Summary of problem:

My top burners all work fine, oven wont work on any setting.   

Cause

2 of the 3 larger realys for the oven have failed.  There is 4 total relays which supply power to the elements.  They are actualy labeled on the board so you know which one is which.  The one that says DBL supplies all burners with half of the voltage they need and the other relays supply the other half bringing the element to a full 240v.    My DBL relay failed which is the reason why none of my elements get hot.  If your main one works then its possible for your bake or broil relay to fail and you would still have one element that would work. In my case both the main DBL relay and the Bake relay failed. 

Solution 

Simplest solution woudl be to replace the entire PCB or if you are comfortable solidering replacemnt relays on the board that would work as well. I personaly will be replaciing the relays as they are only $5-$7 each.  I will replace all of the larger 3 black ones assuming if 2 of the 3 failed than likely the other is not far behind.   See the atthaced picture.  The larger black ones from the left are DBL, Bake, Broil.  The little black one (mine is orange) on the far left is the convection element relay. 

How to Test

The easiest way to test if the relay is working would be to unplug the connector from the relay and turn the oven on.  When the relay clicks and engages you should have continuity on the relay. When it is not on it should be open wih no continuity.  I also went a step further and tested the control side of the relay which tested fine on all 3 so it seems the relay is the fail point. 

Here is a link to the relay:

https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-PB/T9AS1D22-12?qs=H6XZigV1wkjLTRcEuA%252bOMw==

Anyway good luck with your ovens... hope this helps. 

userbOd488SoU0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have just experienced the same problem within the same time frame as everyone else. Deffinitely thinking never to buy a Samsung product again when this is obviously a manufacturer's issue. Just proved a loaf of bread yesterday and the oven just stopped heating. Anyone know what the issue is exactly? How much do the parts cost? Already found several appliance parts stores near me; the Internet takes two days at least for parts.

We have a gas oven. Is it the ceramic heating coil? Am getting absolutely no glow from the coil.

user5tAeH3NSFv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep, now I've got a house full of people for the week, and this garbage oven will not heat. I've had it less than two years. I will never purchase another Samsung product again. You KNOW there's an issue, and keep selling a defective oven???

Thanks for ruining my family's party. I will never forget it. And now we have to find a restaurant for fourteen people who are already hungry. I am BEYOND angry.