I have to say, I am very disappointed with the lack of functionality and usability of Samsung's Smart Appliances!
Here are my issues:
For my range:
- Good: I love the feature where it displays notices on my Samsung TVs when cooking is about finished, is finished, preheating is finished, etc.
- Very bad: The range requires you to "enable" the smart feature before you want to use it. This is dumb! The whole point is to make life easier and accesible. When I am out and about and traveling home, that is the time when I want to connect through my phone and tell my oven to start pre-heating so it is ready to go when I walk in the door.
- Very bad: You have to pre-enable the smart control prior to wanting to use it. If the range is touched in anyway, smart control then automatically becomes disabled and thus useless!
- Alexa control: It simply doesn't exist! (LG appliances support this functionality.) Why can't I say to Alexa "Samsung, preheat the oven to xxx degrees" while I am busy working on something else in the kitchen?
- Alexa control: It simply doesn't exist! (LG appliances support this functionality.) Why can't I say to Alexa "Samsung, start the dishwasher" while I am busy working on tasks in the kitchen. By the way, this is an example in the Smart Things skill for Alexa... doesn't work!
- Very bad: You have to pre-enable the smart control prior to wanting to use it. If the dishwasher is touched in anyway, this then automatically becomes disabled and thus useless! I don't want to pre-enable smart features before using them! I should be able to tell Alexa, start the dishwasher when going to bed without having to pre-enable control or settings. This is the whole point of appliances being smart!
- Very bad: The family hub does not connect to Microsoft Exchance accounts for the calenar. Most businesses use Exchange for email and calendars therefore a lot of people use this technology. Why can't your refridgerator family hub support it too?