cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung "Smart Appliances" are dumb at best!

I have to say, I am very disappointed with the lack of functionality and usability of Samsung's Smart Appliances!

Here are my issues:

For my range:

- Good: I love the feature where it displays notices on my Samsung TVs when cooking is about finished, is finished, preheating is finished, etc.

- Very bad: The range requires you to "enable" the smart feature before you want to use it.  This is dumb!  The whole point is to make life easier and accesible.  When I am out and about and traveling home, that is the time when I want to connect through my phone and tell my oven to start pre-heating so it is ready to go when I walk in the door.

- Very bad: You have to pre-enable the smart control prior to wanting to use it.  If the range is touched in anyway, smart control then automatically becomes disabled and thus useless!

- Alexa control: It simply doesn't exist!  (LG appliances support this functionality.)  Why can't I say to Alexa "Samsung, preheat the oven to xxx degrees" while I am busy working on something else in the kitchen?

Dishwasher:

- Alexa control: It simply doesn't exist! (LG appliances support this functionality.)   Why can't I say to Alexa "Samsung, start the dishwasher" while I am busy working on tasks in the kitchen.  By the way, this is an example in the Smart Things skill for Alexa... doesn't work!

- Very bad: You have to pre-enable the smart control prior to wanting to use it.  If the dishwasher is touched in anyway, this then automatically becomes disabled and thus useless!  I don't want to pre-enable smart features before using them!  I should be able to tell Alexa, start the dishwasher when going to bed without having to pre-enable control or settings.  This is the whole point of appliances being smart!

Refridgerator

- Very bad: The family hub does not connect to Microsoft Exchance accounts for the calenar.  Most businesses use Exchange for email and calendars therefore a lot of people use this technology.  Why can't your refridgerator family hub support it too?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung "Smart Appliances" are dumb at best!

Samsung s9 plus not updatas