cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung range overheat and leaking gas

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the Chef Collection gas range model NX58M9960PS/AA and it is a defect.  After a few months of using, one of the burner got overheat and the inside started burning.  It was terrifying as I could smell gas and burning rubber. The knob got melted and the surface was burning hot.  The illuminated light on the knob and the fan won't turn off because the range thinks the defect burner is constantly turned on. 

We filed a repair order with Customer Support as the range is still under warranty. The technician came and did a breif inspection and determined that it was a cosmetic/physical damage from seeing the loose knob. They neglected my comment on the leaking gas and say something pushed/slammed hard against the knob and caused the damage.  There was no cosmetic damage on or around the knob and we did not hit the knob at all.  It started to get overheat as I was cooking, we turned off the main gas valve immediately to avoid fire hazard.  The knob turned loose and cracked due to the burning from the inside.  Customer Service insisted that it is a cosmetic damage and won't help us look into it further.  It is frustrating because this happens during SIP and we are not able to cook.  We went back and forth with the customer service and they won't admit that there is a faulty part.WeChat Image_20200711132855.jpgWeChat Image_20200711133346.jpgWeChat Image_20200711133355.jpgWeChat Image_20200711133502.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung range overheat and leaking gas

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for this, and so sorry to hear about the situation. Please note that any posts contantaing ticket numbers or person identification will be moderated off page due to privacy concerns, this is why the moderators request that you send us private messages so that we can keep your info protected. You can send us a PM Here:  private message

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no!  Would you happen to have any transaction numbers from the technician who came out?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Moderator, 

We have been replied twice and we provided you the detailed transaction number, but for some reason, even her posts were submitted successfully but meanwhile, they also disappeared from this forum. May I ask if you guys are removing us for purposes? please let us know asap!!!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Moderator, 

We just found out someone block USER Name "userMbFoqztx27", that she cant post, ,reply or answer your questions or any requested!!! Can you move on to another channel or a way that we can file this complaint properly? Thank you

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi SamsungJam, I want to follow-up on this, I am still waiting for a response. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for this, and so sorry to hear about the situation. Please note that any posts contantaing ticket numbers or person identification will be moderated off page due to privacy concerns, this is why the moderators request that you send us private messages so that we can keep your info protected. You can send us a PM Here:  private message

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Samsung,

It has been more than two days since we PM separately and posted here. No one reply to us at all. Are you working on it? at least we know we are not ignored again. please kindly reply promptly, Thank you

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I posted the ticket number because you guys initially asked me to provide it on this forum not PM.  This issue is not resolved!!!  Ticket number is provided again in PM and we are still waiting for a solution. No one has called us.