JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung refridgerator RF28MEDBSR/AA

(Topic created on: 1/25/21 6:36 PM)
userD6XmL8ZnbJ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung ice maker model# RF28MEDBSR/AA won't shut off.  Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userD6XmL8ZnbJ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The ice maker won't stop making ice when it's full.  I reset it and it seems to be working.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can you please elaborate a little more on what's going on? Are you unable to turn the ice maker off? Or does the ice maker just continue to make ice and it won't shut off that way?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
userD6XmL8ZnbJ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The ice maker won't stop making ice when it's full.  I reset it and it seems to be working.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userRZNa1bSEzC
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Good luck on getting it fixed. I've replaced the ice maker and auger assembly twice with no luck. Resorted to turning the ice maker off every night and pulling the bucket to make sure it wouldn't make to much and backup causing a big freeze up. Now the ice maker has stopped totally. Will never buy Samsung again

userXR7avQIqbE
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm having the same problem.  Samsung french door, counter depth fridge, model  RF23HCEDBSR.  Each time after I defrost it ("forced defrost" procedure via front panel) and clear out the ice that has stacked up on the side and top of the ice maker, it works for a couple days until the ice bucket is full, and then apparently fails to sense that the bucket is full and keeps making ice until there's nowhere for the ice to go and it gets all jammed up again.  This is frustrating.

I've had a service person out who did some updates to the ice maker that he said were recommended by Samsung.  That was expensive enough that I'm not sure I want to bother doing that again (particularly given it didn't really fix the problem anyway).

Is there any hope for this fridge and ice maker working properly?  or should I just give up on it.  It's only about three years old.  Really, Samsung?

0 Likes