JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung refrigerator model RF28JBEDBSG/AA ice maker

(Topic created: 08-22-2021 09:32 AM)
userJ0u0hoAhfw
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can you assist me? I have a Samsung French door refrigerator model RF28JBEDBSG/AA. (Dec 2018) with one icemaker. My icemaker quit producing ice, the front panel shows the icemaker is “off “ and I cannot change it to “on”. I have reset it using the reset button button inside the icemaker as well as unplugged the  refrigerator and plugged back in. When I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in and there were no error codes on the display except that the icemaker still reads as off. Water dispenser is working perfectly fine. 

2 Replies
Solution
Migo223
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I have a twin cooling Samsung refrigerator that is similar if not the same as yours. Every few weeks I have to take a hair dryer to the ice maker portion of the freezer behind the catch tray u can pull completely out. A part of it u can see gets built up with condensation that then refreezes to block the ice maker. It is a flawed design in engineering. The fix for this issue is replacing the thermostat which is hidden behind the back wall of the fridge. I have recently bought one but haven't gotten around to changing it out to see if it actually solves the problem.

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello there, Is it still making ice just not dispensing? If so, I would recommend you have a technician service the unit to look at the control panel. I also would like to mention we recommend a manual defrost to remove any ice build up within the unit. Please do not use a hair dryer as it can cause damage to the ice maker. A manual defrost requires you to turn off the power for approximately 24hrs ( place any perishable items in an alternate temperature controlled location) and place towels down if needed to collect any moisture. If your interested in the service aspect please send me a private message here: https://bit.ly/3lVQyQ2 with your full name, model and serial number, address, e-mail, contact number and place of purchase. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes