JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black stainless steel appliance exterior peeling

(Topic created: 02-26-2021 10:25 AM)
userSQEuT1pVfs
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My appliances are peeling, I'm pretty disappointed considering the amount of money I spent. I can't believe how poor quality they are, Samsung should be ashamed of selling low-quality products and ripping customers off, it's unacceptable and they need to take responsibility.

userp1tCkJLGB1
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

NO QUALITY CONTROL! Day one was a problem with this 'Black' finish - I saw it was scratched off one of the doors of the fridge when it was delivered...The delivery guys took it right back out to the truck & said they would order me a new refrigerator - Worried & thinking fast I told them to send the plain 'Stainless' finish instead (& to change the Microwave that was still coming to 'Stainless' as well since it was not yet out of the warehouse).  I was stuck with the stove because ALREADY had it & used it. The finish on the stove is a joke as it scarred within weeks of being used (boiling water 'marked' it & made a cloudy circle) - It looks awful & I felt ripped off (my dream kitchen looked like garbage & had become a nightmare). When calling Samsung on it I found that there is NO Quality control/ NO warranty with this SUB PAR JUNK FINISH. BUYER BEWARE.  *Photo shows just one area of peeling - the damage is extensive on several areas of the stove. If there is a lawsuit count me in. 
ALSO A HUGE problem is the Icemaker is constantly freezing solid, jamming up & I have check it to unblock the glacier every day or it completely freezes the bin shut. From all the people writing with the exact same complaints I see that this Ice Maker had TERRIBLE STUPID ENGINEERING. BLACK 'FINISH' RUBS RIGHT OFF !BLACK 'FINISH' RUBS RIGHT OFF !

0 Likes
user2Iqdjm7bOw
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

How do safety remove?? Per recommendations of customers service they didn't buff out. My appliances are only 3 weeks old. I am really stressed and new to stainless steel.  I have waited 19 years for new appliances and paid good money.  Samsung won't stand by the product so I have to be satisfied with brand new scratched appliances that are not even paid for. 

Any help or advice on getting scratches out or support from Samsung?

userj7wDeu6jXt
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We just spent $497.54 on a new Ice Maker Unit and Labor for model: RF28JBEDBSG 😞  Apparently, this is a very common issue for this refrigerator, and I would love to be re-imbursed for this money out of pocket.

We purchased this house in 2019 and it included this nearly new refrigerator.  The ice machine froze up like everyone is complaining about, and we just now got the funds together to get it fixed so we can have ice.  Having no ice in Hawaii is ridiculous!

On top of the the black stainless is chipping along the bottom of one of the French Doors which apparently cannot be fixed.

I will not be purchasing a Samsung refrigerator in the future.  Samsung needs to make it easy to make claims on these models, and stop pretending that it is not a failure on their part.

Kat 

useraXaDzzNbV1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I too purchased the black stainless fridge and am heartbroken.  It looks just awful and is an embarrassment and should be for Samsung too.  Plastic shrink wrap is not an acceptable appliance cover.  Samsung should have taken the time to insure peeling would not happen.  I want a refund or replacement and will hop on the law suit bandwagon as soon as it happens.

0 Likes
userdFSzaDPp1J
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We purchased ours in 2018 and just started noticing this on our refrigerator corner. At first I thought it was from our young daughter but it seemed too high to be from her.  We will gladly join a class action lawsuit about this.

0 Likes
userpJGNTRtJRX
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
We also have stove, refrigerator and washer and dryer. Stove was the first to start peeling. We also have the rolling display issue. Then the refridgerator... now the washer. I guess I wouldn't be as upset but I believe we actually paid extra for this finish at the time? This was my first new set of appliances in our remodeled kitchen. Now they just look nasty and Samsung won't cover or even try to make it right. We also purchased through Lowes with extended warranty. I used to think their products were a step above... but really disappointed with these appliances and their response
0 Likes
useriwl91Nfk2y
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same problem here 

0 Likes
userO8MhwJtl4L
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have three appliances that I purchased two years ago and they are all peeling.  One of the logo letters from the microwave fell in a pot while I was cooking.  Lucky that I noticed.  

0 Likes
userehDFRjo86p
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Is there a class action for Samsung Black stainless steel appliances peeling? My appliances are peeling, im pretty disappointed considering the amount of money i spent. I cant believe how poor quality they are, Samsung should be ashamed of selling low quality products and ripping customers off, its unacceptable and they need to take responsibility.
userNXxEjBMNno
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Yes i have all my appliances peeling dishwasher, stove and fridge highly disappointed considering the amount of money i paid
0 Likes