cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JC7350
Asteroid

Screensaver no longer shuffles

With the latest update, the refrigerator no longer shuffles your photos on the screensaver. It now always starts with the order in which you last uploaded a photo. Ok this may seem like a small issue, but if you have a lot of photos on your fridge, what this now means is you will now just see the same 3-7 photos all the time because they no longer randominize it.

Anyone else dissapointed in this? Even the oldest of computer models had the basic option of at least giving you an option of wanting your screensaver photos randomized or ran in order.

Please fix this in the next update Samsung. It probably doesn't take that much effor or labor or data to include an option to have your photos shuffled.

11 REPLIES 11
usernZG7znrx76
Cosmic Ray

Re: Screensaver no longer shuffles

You ate exactly right. I see the same 3-4 photos every time I walk by ... and just walking by causes everything to re-set to the first photo. How frustrating when I have 200+ photos! Is anyone @samsung paying attention to this?

Boverton
Constellation

Experiencing the same thing.  Absolutely frustrating and MUST be a bug.  I can't imagine they would willing turn off the shuffle feature without having a way to toggle it on or off.  

Is there a way to revert it back to the previous update?  I'd rather have the 300 images shuffle instead of one screen that I can put pictures on.  The features that came with the new update aren't worth it if I lose the shuffle.

usernZG7znrx76
Cosmic Ray

Totally agree. The editable page sounds cool. But it's really useles . 

And BTW to my knowledge there's no way to revert to a previous update., unfortunately.

user5JQOAjNFU3
Constellation

Encountered this issue as well! I know this is totally a first world problem Smiley Wink but it is incredibly frustrating! We keep seeing the same pictures over and over and never get to the hundreds more on there that we took the time to upload. My 7 year old stepdaughter is visiting and her album never comes up so I had to change the title to bump it to first place and she wants to see more memories come up than the same ones on repeat. I also liked how the slideshow kept going when we opened the fridge doors...

userVr1u8vVJJa
Astronaut

Same here. The random pics were one of my favorite things about this fidge. Not only does it not shuffle, but after about twenty pictures, it starts showing blank “error” images. Very dissappointed in this update. Hopefully this is at least on Samsung’s radar?

userfIey1p0td7
Asteroid

I just got off the phone with support about this. It is so annoying. Why would they remove such a simple feature? I see the same 5 pictures over and over now. I want this fixed now!

user2DFQMqYu9i
Constellation

Same here. And this isn't the first time Samsung messed this feature up after an update.

Highlighted
JC7350
Asteroid

It's been about two months now. Still no update or fix from Samsung.

JC7350
Asteroid

The new update has brought back the shuffle option on the screensaver for the fridge. Took awhile but I'm glad Samsung listened to our qualms!