cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

September 2020 Familiy Hub OS update disabled refrigerator Wifi

Ever since the Sept 9 2020 Family Hub update "Tizen 4.0 (FHUB5.KTM.US.COMMON.MP.RELEASE 20200909_031916) RF8000M V2", The Wifi feature on my refrigerator gets disabled by the Family Hub OS 2-3 times per day. I have to manually turn Wifi on then it connects automatically to my wireless router. A few hours later, the refrigerator disables Wifi again. I have done the following per Samsung Support:

- rebooted

-"forgotten" my connection to current wifi

-used a different wireless router

-used a wifi repeater

-done a reset of network/bluetooth on the panel

-done a factory reset on my refrigerator's Tizen panel.

The fact that the OS itself is disabling Wifi indicates an issue with the panel likely caused by a bug in the upgrade. If it were dropping connection to my router it wouldn't disable the Wifi feature entirely.

Samsung needs to release an update to fix this bug or give customers an option to roll back to last known good OS version when bugs like this are introduced through updates.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: September 2020 Familiy Hub OS update disabled refrigerator Wifi

Did Samsung provide a solution ? I have same issue

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: September 2020 Familiy Hub OS update disabled refrigerator Wifi

@userh3QqvOh1OV wrote:

Did Samsung provide a solution ? I have same issue

I have an extended warranty and the service person replaced the wifi chip. Once that was replaced the issue went away. Something with the software update either damaged the wifi card or made the older card incompatible with the OS version.