cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCr6kD7HvzZ
Constellation

Sequential slideshow in Tizen 4.0 in Family Hub is STUPID!!

We purchased a 28 cubic foot Samsung refrigerator from Samsung specifically because we wanted the Family Hub. And, while some of the features of the Family Hub are worthwhile, like the calendar and message pads, none of those features really mattered to us. We wanted the Family Hub feature for one reason above all: THE SLIDESHOW SCREEN SAVER. 

When we first set up the refrigerator I loaded 1,000's of family photos to a USB stick. At first, when the operating system was Tizen 3.0, the screensaver slideshow feature thrilled our family and friends. Finally, I had a way of easily sharing as many of our photos as I wanted and they were all continuously displayed in RANDOM ORDER; we never knew what was coming next. However, when we updated to Tizen 4.0, for some insane reason Samsung eliminated the randomizing function and the slideshow shows all the photos in the same sequence every time. To make matters even worse, everytime a refrigerator door is opened, the water dispenser is used or the slideshow times out, the slideshow goes back to the first photo!! Hence, we wind up seeing the same 20-30 photos  repeated constantly.  Whoever at Samsung came up with the idea of eliminating the random function of the slideshow and only offering sequential slideshows that start at the beginning whenever the refrigerator door is opened should be reassigned to a different job. The way it is now, Family Hub refrigerators have lost their single most distinguishing and valuable feature.

My sons both play on Ultimate Frisbee teams. Before Samsung changed the operating system, my sons and their friends took great pleasure in seeing my photographs of them all playing Ultimate intermixed randomly with pictures of our family and friends. Indeed, a number of the parents of our sons' teammates have visited with us and have stood before our Family Hub random slideshow for extended times; several of them have stated that as they're remodeling or just need a new refrigerator, they now cannot imagine owning a refrigerator that doesn't enrich the living experience as do the Family Hub refrigerators. However, do to Samsung's change, I will advise them not to bother unless Samsung fixes the problem.

SAMSUNG, YOU HAVE MESSED UP THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON TO PURCHASE ONE OF YOUR FAMILY HUB REFRIGERATORS. ASAP, PLEASE UPDATE THE OS TO ALLOW FOR THE OPTION OF A RANDOMIZED SCREENSAVER PRESENTATION OF PHOTOS AND, IMPORTANTLY, KEEP THE SLIDESHOW RUNNING WHEN THE REFRIGERATOR IS IN USE. WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, MAKE THE SLIDESHOW PAUSEABLE, REVERSABLE AND ABLE TO DELETE OR REORIENT THE PAUSED PHOTO. PLEASE!!!