Original topic:

Shipping address change in existing order - in deep trouble

(Topic created: 11-20-2021 07:44 PM)
as_samsung
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Help Help Help...PLEASE

As per the instructions from Samsung customer care, I have used my current address as billing address for Samsung Finance while ordering refrigerator. And the customer care confirmed during checkout that any time the address is updated in Samsung Finance will automatically update the shipping address in the order. Now, when I update the billing address in Samsung Finance with my new home address (where the refrigerator has to be shipped), to my surprise, the shipping address is not changed in the refrigerator order.

I have been trying to make the address change by calling different customer care departments (ecommerce, home appliances, home appliances ecommerce, etc.), they are now saying it is not possible to change the shipping address in an existing order. Spent hours explaining the problem to many, no one ready to help. I have requested for a supervisor callback. No one has called me yet in last 48-72 hours.

The solution customer care is proposing for this issue is to cancel and re-order. But, this will have major impact on price and especially the delivery date and hence it is not a practical solution at all. Moreover, the item is not available at any of the other retailer.

Since the order is not shipped yet, request your help in making the shipping address to my new home address, same as Samsung Finance billing address.

Point to note - Customer can choose ONLY billing address during checkout when the billing is via Samsung Finance. If there was an option to choose a different address, I would have used my new home address as shipping address. When the address is changed in Samsung Finance and not syncing that address in existing order is un-acceptable.

I have learnt from AGS that they cannot make any changes in delivery address once the tracking is generated. 

I am in a very very difficult situation - Samsung is not updating shipping address, re-order will not deliver the item on time, the item is no longer available at any of the other retailer. As a customer, I am verifying the address for the billing and the payment is already posted. I am not understanding the logic of not letting customer use the same address for shipping. There is no loss to Samsung. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
as_samsung
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am not understanding the complexity involved in this change. Customer is asking for a change in address and the same address is already updated in the billing. The item is not yet shipped. Its a pretty simple change and will help me use the Samsung refrigerator. A policy needs to be customer friendly, not to make customer experience horrible.

0 Likes
as_samsung
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a note added during checkout to deliver in the new address. Still there is no help from Samsung.

0 Likes