Original topic:

Range Smart Control Turns Off

(Topic created: 12-12-2020 05:36 PM)
wdhall
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The Smart Control function on the range turns off by itself.

Which makes it unusable as you go back to the range to turn on Smart Control to be able to use the app.

Unable to pre-heat the oven from the home office.

Model: NE58K9850WG/AC

userRzM88rLU73
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having same issue. It keeps turning off making it unusable. I live in the us so can I get some help with this? My model number is NE63T8511SG

userNT6sIxp7xM
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same here. Completely useless if this is the case. 

userNT6sIxp7xM
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

What about those sold in U.S.? Sounds like it's a consistent failure regardless of place of purchase. 

scott1975DC
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Agreed. I've had this "smart" oven for a month now and the smart control turns itself off anytime I use a button on the control on the oven, nearly every time. Though I'm not sure what features smart control gives my App.  I can only cancel or change time or temp.  I have a gas oven and you can't use remote start anyhow.  Dumbest smart oven features ever.   GE gas ovens I've read have remote start.  Read that too late...

userdEoGoRrFL9
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have this same issue and agree it's problematic.  Why would you have to constantly have to turn it back on?  The whole idea would be to use it precisely when you're not at home, before you get home.  Not once you get home to turn it on.

usertD6vqN2Ua6
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue. Range delivered today from Best Buy.  Set up was easy but smart control keeps turning off. 
mode NE59M6850SS

0 Likes
Solution
userngr7BEN47U
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

It's in the manual:

When the door is open, Smart Control is disabled.
Smart Control is disabled when cooking is completed.

Basically it's not a set and forget thing. Has to be pressed after every time you're finished using the oven. And if someone uses it in between then of course they'd have to press it as well.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense why it would be disabled for any reason but I guess it is what it is.

wdhall
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I find it interesting another user can answer and then mark my question solved.

In my opinion this is not solved satisfactorily.

I did not find this information in the manual.

user13UmW0lcZp
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is so misleading. The whole idea behind a smart device is that you don’t have to think about it. If I stop and pick up a take-and-bake pizza, I want to preheat the oven. This should stay on! This is just really bad design, Samsung. You need to update the software on these ovens. 

merlin77
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

According to this answer in the forum I posted, 

The automatic Smart Control turn off is designed to prevent accidents. Remote activation of a range could have disastrous consequences.

Which completely defeats the purpose of having such a function.

This is not mentioned at all on their own page, which even states

you can remotely change the cooking mode, adjust the temperature, set a cooking time, start the oven, and so much more

"remotely" implies from anywhere as long as I have an Internet connection. If it turns off automatically, then this is false advertising 

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 21.18.01.png