cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usernnPVyEjGth
Astronaut

Re: Smart Home App unable to get past AP entry screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You rock!! After spending about an hour. I find this and it worked right away. Thanks!
userXokameEJLY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for figuring that out!  I was confounded by the app not finding the wifi!  It worked as soon as I turned off my mobile data!

useranaODM6T9g
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank You, US community!  Disabling cellular (Airplane mode) plus then enabling Wi-Fi un-stuck the app during the AP mode.  This worked on a Samsung Range and Pixel 2 running Android 8.1.0

Good to read the whole thread.  I was ready to try with a Nexus 4 running 5.1.1 until the later post mentioned the Airplane mode workaround.

userXnMc3E3Mdj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Neither of solutiuons worked for me. I could get connected with my old phonem  and an older adnroid but with the newest one is not working. I have the AC in my list of devices appearing as Disconnected and if i want to use it or go and ADD device will get again stucked in Searching AP...

Samsung....you have to do somth with this

userv2CYKHKR9r
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having this issue for the past 6+ months on my RF24J9960S4.  I have attempted different versions of iOS on both iPhone and iPad.  I have tried simliar workarounds discussed, such as putting into Airplane Mode, etc.  I have reset my network.  I have called Samsung at least 3x regarding this issue and been given different reasons each time.  I have other smart devices in my home with a similar setup and none of them have given me any similar issue.

I am disgusted at purchasing this brand new refrigerator from Samsung and nothing in the manual, online support, Customer Support, etc. will resolve.

If you look at this thread, it has had over 8,000 views!  This means that everyone out there is having the same issue.  Compare that to the average views of other threads and you will see this is multiple times higher.

Samsung, what is the resolution?

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good morning.  Sorry to hear that you have had this experience.  I would recommend calling our dedicated smart home team at 800-726-7864 > Option 5.

user6eFwihhcPK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m sorry but the support team is unable to solve this problem.  It is an issue that your team should dedicate a lot of time and effort into providing your consumers with a functioning and seamless application for your products.  Smart Home app is unusable.  Horrible experience. 

userwArhft5PKR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
On your phone, go into airplane mode to disable cellular data. Turn your wifi back on, then proceed and try to add the device (washer, etc) from scratch. Worked on the first try after cellular was disabled. Hope that helps others.
userT7murGZZe5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was also experiencing this problem. Android 7.1.1.

Switching to airplane mode resolved the issue instantly, and everything works fine once setup completes. Thank you for figuring this out.

user6sYb0T3vM8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cheers Bud, you're a star.