Original topic:

Smartthings Automation Selections Incomplete

(Topic created: 10-07-2021 09:13 AM)
userGsYVwnqMPR
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a brand new range (Model NX60T8751SS) and over-the-range microwave (Model MC17T8000C).

I am trying to program it so that when any cooktop burner goes on, the light in the over-the-range microwave will go on., same as GE Cafe appliances.

Here is what I programmed:

IF:  Range is WORKING

THEN:  Microwave Light High (on)

With this automation programming, the overhead microwave light will come on only when the oven is started.  What I want is for the light to come on when a cooktop burner goes on.

The Smartthings app does display indications for when cooktop burners are on, so why isn't that available for automation programming?   I am not trying to start the cooktop burners using automation (that would not be safe), rather, I want to use the status indication to turn on the microwave light.  GE Cafe appliances do this very function.

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Good afternoon. For assistance with your automations, please reach out to the SmartThings support team at 866-813-2404.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes