cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smellydishwashe
Cosmic Ray

Re: Smelly Dishwasher

JUMP TO SOLUTION

it is model number DW80J3020US - ON 5/17, a supervisor by the name of Jack gave me this confirmation/ticket no #4135899496.  I opened the door this am to put my coffee cup in there and it smelled like rotten eggs.  the bottom of the door and bottom of the tub leading to the center drain is all slimy.  i visited a home depot and they had the exact model  there.  i tried to lift the black rubber around the center grey piece in the middle of the tub and i was NOT able to lift it up.  i went to my dishwasher and did the same thing, the black rubber seal around the center piece lifts up or if you push down, water comes out from underneath it.  i am so disappointed in this dishwasher and cannot believe the smell that comes out of it.   is the black seal around the center piece supposed to be sealed tight or should you be able to lift it up with your fingernail, i wonder.  Also, disappointed with my oven door.  my oven is immaculate except for a drip between the panes of glass in the oven door.  apparently something spilled & it went in between.  how does that happen and there is no way to clean the spill without removing the inside glass. I have tried the steam clean, oven clean & no help.  i have had that issue four months into the new purchase and everytime i look at the oven door and see the very visible drip in between the glass, it reminds me to never buy Samsung again. 

Thank you - i had to vent 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. Have you done the following? http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=137309&modelname=DW8...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
smellydishwashe
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have used white vinegar like i was told and that did not work.  what type of detergent with bleach could i try?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any chlorine based detergent will work. To eliminate tough, persistent odors, try using Tang. Run the dishwasher without anything in it for an entire cycle using powdered Tang in the detergent box. The Tang has an acidic content which can sometimes be more effective than chlorine on cleaning away certain odor-causing residue, and also may leave a more pleasant citrus smell after the cycle, which itself may overpower any lingering, less pleasant odors. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user0vrwiGcEFi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried the website that was supplied to you and it doens't work, did you have the same issue or was there a solution to the smelly problem???

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the model of your dishwasher?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can. 

ChristinaM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check that your hose from dishwasher to disposal is affixed to the bottom of your sink or high up on the cabinet - if it hangs low, dirty water will go stale and back up into your dishwasher from the disposal. Check out the manual and my post below!

usercke8hV16Vh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
no it didn't help me. Are you getting paid by samsung?
janet1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with my dishwasher but I am more frustrated with my stove.  I have the same problem and it started shortly after my purchase of all new Samsung appliances.   I have drips between the panels of glass.  My husband removed the door and cleaned it and it happened again.  It makes my new appliances look old and dirty.